Sign in to follow this  
Sorensen_DK

Dome light out when engines off.

Hi there.Happy newyear :-)Just bought/installed MD11 on FSX. I noticed that the domelight is out when the engines are off. As soon as the engines comes alives, the cockpit lights up fine. Tried to do some searching on the problem, only to find that other have experienced the same, but all thread ends blind. Can anyone either confirm that this is a bug, or can anyone confirm that they do not have this light behavior?Best RegardsBjarne Sorensen

The dome light is dimmed when either the APU or external power is available and on. The dome light is fully bright when at least one engine generator is powered. Just the way the electrical system is designed.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I think it's also because it's a work around, where the illumination is actually a hack of the smoke system in the sim. I could be wrong, though.

Kyle Rodgers

Thx for reply. I agree with Kyle that it probably is the change to smoke use that created the problem - you cant have smoke without engines :-) Ok, maybe I can tweak the settings myself, o just use the emergency exit lights .Brgds Bjarne Sorensen