Sign in to follow this  
jfri

No map zoom in Quest Kodiak

I have discovered that the map zoom button in Quest Kodiak doesn't work. Apply both to 2D panel and VC and zoomed in MFD screen. When moving the mousepointer over the knob I see + and - but nothing happens when pressing mouse button.

Actually it does work... but if you would like a more mouse wheel friendly versionof the Kodiak G1000, send me a PM with your email address.

Bert

Actually it does work... but if you would like a more mouse wheel friendly versionof the Kodiak G1000, send me a PM with your email address.
I have at an earlier occasion being sent and modified G1000 for the Kodiak (I guess from you) which I use and no that zoom won't work in my Kodiak. Tried it in all possible way including using the mousewheel.Discovered that it works when loading a saved flight and then selecting Kodiak as plane. But it didn't work when Air Hauler started a flight with the same Kodiak. Edited by jfri

Well I tried it, and I can see the problem. (This is with my mods active!)The way it is supposed to work, is to move the mouse pointer over the knobwhich gives you a "Hand" (no + or-). At that point, you can use the mouse wheel to zoom.If you click on the knob, it changes to PAN mode.At that point, you can pan right left, up and down in the real unit,as best I can tell that does not work properly in this gauge.I'll check the code to see if I can locate the problem, but in the meantime,please ignore the + or - spots..If you have Tooltips on, you'll see either ZOOM mode or PAN mode indicatedwhen mousing over the knob.If you find the Zoom not working, left click on the knob itself and then use themousewheel to zoom.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Well I tried it, and I can see the problem. (This is with my mods active!)The way it is supposed to work, is to move the mouse pointer over the knobwhich gives you a "Hand" (no + or-). At that point, you can use the mouse wheel to zoom.If you click on the knob, it changes to PAN mode.At that point, you can pan right left, up and down in the real unit,as best I can tell that does not work properly in this gauge.I'll check the code to see if I can locate the problem, but in the meantime,please ignore the + or - spots..If you have Tooltips on, you'll see either ZOOM mode or PAN mode indicatedwhen mousing over the knob.If you find the Zoom not working, left click on the knob itself and then use themousewheel to zoom.
Yes now it worked during my last AH flight. Don't understand why it didn't the previous occasion.