Sign in to follow this  
jarhead565

Well, it has been a fun ride...

But my flight sim and NGX time shall come to an end in two days. Things come up and people make bets that will keep me from using flight sim for quite some time. This means that there will be no NGX for me either. In the end, this could get me a lot of free beer from my roommates who do not think I can go a month without flight sim or Facebook. I will be sure to keep the manuals handy since I will have a lot of free time now. Seeing as how I never looked in the manuals yet and just flew, this should give me time to brush up on my NGX knowledge. My time around the forums should also pick up too! Wish me luck!

Jared Listinsky

I went for a few weeks without Vatsim back in 2006 when I moved into a college dorm to attend University in a different state to where I had been living. Eventually after about 3 weeks I installed Flightsim 2004 on my laptop and ran it at about 8fps. Eventually I got a desktop PC.Found that Vatsim's Clients couldn't connect using the internet at College (Proxys and stuff were blocking it).About 2 weeks later I went and purchased a dialup modem, connected it to the phone in my room and would run the 56k modem at about 10bps. if the modem dropped below 3bps Vatsim would drop out. That would happen ... fairly often. But if I did my flying between 6am and 10am, or after 9pm, it'd work fine. lol.Going without it for a month just for some dare with a promise of beer?I won't lie, I'v never been a cool kid, and don't much like Alchohol and don't tend to respond to peer pressure (I'm a bit of a geeky loner).yehh.That said, I did once replace "Flightsim" and Vatsim for a few months with OrbiterSim.In Mild Amusement,Trent Hopkinson.

Edited by hopskip

With friends like that, who needs enemies ?Fred.