Sign in to follow this  
Socrat

FS2004 Limitations. How far can we go?

Yes, Paul, think of Ultimate Terrain Europe if you don't have it.It has a few improved versions of such roads, plus great night lighting, including 3D light poles.And first of all it will apply realistic terrain features (roads, railways, rivers, lakes, coasts, etc) into (almost) all the continent.
Hello Rafel.....actually...in my 17 years of daily PC flight Simming, (since Flight Unlimited II), I have always flown around California and the Western Pacific Seaboard, where the scenery is highly realistic, (its where the MS Programmers live!).I now know California and the surrounding States better that the Folks who actually live there!...Big%20Grin.gif ...!With various add-on scenery, etc, California is home from home to me now!... :( ...!UT. North Amerca looks interesting!Paul...following Interstate 5 and 101... :( ...and occasionally....Route 66 from Santa Monica to Chicago!Multiplayer: G-BPLF. Edited by Fozzer

Guest Reason
following interstate 5 and 101 .... Route 66 from Santa Monica to Chicago!
Bobby Troup's tune while flying will do the trick :(

Bobby Troup's tune while flying will do the trick B)
Wonderful... :( ...!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLUYf6cekMAAs a keen Motorclist for the past 62 years, and musician since birth, travelling Route 66 in a default Beech Baron 58, and whistling "Route 66" whilst flying above all the familliar names in the song, is a wonderful use of Flight Simulator 2004.....trust me!... :( ...!I love using FS 2004, together with Google Street Map and Wikipedia, for exploring interesting parts of the World at low level.Paul.... :( ....Route 66...!

FS 2004:For my Textures I use GE Pro for FS 2004 (Payware).For Water, Ground, and Sky effects I use REX for FS 2004 (Payware).For my ground colours, textures, and wonderfuly realistic Koorbygen buildings for around the World, I use VOZ 1.8 for FS 2004 (free).For my golden Autumn tree textures and colours I use Gerrish Greys tree set for FS 2002 (free).With those, plus other free, selected downloads, my FS 2004 comes to life and looking wonderful, including traffic on the highways, and running SMOOTHLY, frame rate LOCKED at 25 FPS!(Note: Many FS 2000/FS 2002 add-ons, also work in FS 2004!)FS 2004 can be made to look just as pretty as FSX...Trust me!... :( ...!
Hello. Sounds good. Traffic on routes? Wow! I tried to find the free add-on which I did not hear about them before, but did not succeed. Do you have a link to the fs2002 golden Autumn tree set? I am interested. Thanks Edited by Socrat

Also, for free, at avsim.ru is a file that gives moving trafic lights on highways during dusk dawn and night,I have it installed and its very nice, cant remember or find the name at the moment.

Hello. Sounds good. Traffic on routes? Wow! I tried to find the free add-on which I did not hear about them before, but did not succeed. Do you have a link to the fs2002 golden Autumn tree set? I am interested. Thanks
Hello Socrat...Try these...MSTrees2.zip .....>>> http://simviation.co...Strees2&x=0&y=0By Gerrish Grey: They were designed for FS 2002, but, as always, they work perfectly in FS 2004!To show the golden leafed group of trees, set your Season to; Autumn/Fall for the country you are flying in!They really brighten up the countryside at low level!Paul... :( ...!Note: They replace to default set, so make sure you back-up the originals first...;)...! Edited by Fozzer

Hello Fozzer,Thanks. I see there is also spring, summer and winter tree, should I replace them too? Are they better? And is there any way how to make autogen trees more dense then it is in standard FS2004 files?

Edited by Socrat

Hello Fozzer,Thanks. I see there is also spring, summer and winter tree, should I replace them too? Are they better? And is there any way how to make autogen trees more dense then it is in standard FS2004 files?
Hello Socrat... :( ...!Just install them all, as per the "Reame" installation instructions!...(dont forget to back up the default set)Autogen density...Menu > Settings > Display > Autogen density....just wind the setting up!Paul....Me? mostly dense!.... :( ...! Edited by Fozzer

Autogen density...Menu > Settings > Display > Autogen density....just wind the setting up!Paul....Me? mostly dense!.... :( ...!
Yeah, I know about this option, but the forest looks not like forest. I like flying above mountains - in real, there are trees almost everywhere (excluding vertical chopped strips and routes). In simulator, you have density cca 1/100-10/100 even if you have full density set in option. I think if there could be some trick how to make the autogen making more trees.

I second that, I have downloaded it but have not yet installed it as I don't want to mess my current settings up. I am not even sure where to install it anyway as there is no read me file, I assume it goes in the add-on scenery library???Any more info as Geoff says would be helpful thanksMark

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Packard Bell imedia S3210. AMD Athlon II X 3 425 Processor 2.70 GHz. 3 GB RAM. External hard drive 1TB. FS9.1, Ground Environment, Ultimate Terrain Europe, REX, Zinertek's Ultimate Water Advanced & Ultimate Night Environment 2010, WOAI, MAIW, AES, ODG Project.

I second that, I have downloaded it but have not yet installed it as I don't want to mess my current settings up. I am not even sure where to install it anyway as there is no read me file, I assume it goes in the add-on scenery library???Any more info as Geoff says would be helpful thanksMark
Well, I tried installing it into the folders as laid out in the download - the bgl into scenery/generic/scenery the XML file into the autogen folder and the terrain.cfg into the FS9 root.... It doesn't work though so any ideas appreciated.Geoff

It does work however the traffic will appear only on major roads and, of course, only after sunset.For example do some night flying around a large city (London, Paris, NY, Chicago, Seattle, etc) and look around carefully.Not a breakthrough (in such case it would be widely known), but definitely an improvement if someone cares.

It does work however the traffic will appear only on major roads and, of course, only after sunset.For example do some night flying around a large city (London, Paris, NY, Chicago, Seattle, etc) and look around carefully.Not a breakthrough (in such case it would be widely known), but definitely an improvement if someone cares.
I'll have another look... Good if it is a subtle effect. I was worried it would be too much....Geoff
I'll have another look... Good if it is a subtle effect. I was worried it would be too much....Geoff