Sign in to follow this  
Socrat

FS2004 Limitations. How far can we go?

Incredible how , after al this years , we still find new things to our fs2004. I will give it a try also , hope it works in Brazils major cities! :(

Incredible how , after al this years , we still find new things to our fs2004. I will give it a try also , hope it works in Brazils major cities! :(
Looks like it is working with default scenery / roads data only... I have UT Europe and in Europe I cannot see the effect anywhere, even in the major cities. However, in the US where I have no custom scenery the effect is working and looks rather nice. It would be really nice to get this to work in the UT roads as well, but I don't know if that will be possible!Geoff

It would be really nice to get this to work in the UT roads as well, but I don't know if that will be possible!
I guess you would have to exchange the UT added custom road textures with default ones (you can find them on your FS2004 CD's).

I guess you would have to exchange the UT added custom road textures with default ones (you can find them on your FS2004 CD's).
Hmm, I suspect it is not so simple as that. The UT bgl files probably exclude any default autogen on the roads which would, of course, include these lights. It surprises me that this idea for moving lights has not been more widely applied in packages like UT etc...Geoff

I suspect it is not so simple as that
After having another look at the file types included in the enhancement, I am afraid you may be right, Geoff.Sorry for a misleading conclusion.

I wonder this thread has more pages. I did not noticed. So the Russian add-on uses autogen. Maybe it could be possible to decompile the autogen and decompile the UT autogen and to change the autogen of UT. Just thinking.

I recall there was addon to make aircrafts polish like in real. But can't find it. Does anybody know about its name or where to find it?

make aircrafts polish like in real
Search for Environment Map or Environment Reflection in the sim file libraries (AVSIM, FlightSim, Simviation, etc).The envmap.bmp will change your aircraft polish. I can't guarantee it will look like real though. Chcek yourself.

Thanks. While I was looking for the aircraft reflection I found interesting add-on / new to me. It's called FS mmm and it adds maps into FS kneepad. Now I try to add a map and configure. I found the world map and am going to find the maps listed in manual. It looks very interesting, this add-on.

Edited by Socrat

I thought about how it would be wonderful, if there would be some add-on which would have similar functionality like Google Earth enables to have your own photos uploaded on the server and then viewed by anybody. Being in simulator to learn fly is one thing. But another thing which is fun, is to know, how it looks on some place. So if you are on some place of world and want to have your photo in your scenery, you would upload it to server, then filled some information about it like exact position (lat/ůan), direction of view, altitude (MSL), then if it is real photo or in simulator (version), if it is high quality or average quality and what is on the photo. Also season, date, time, weather, level of light. Now with this amount of information you would just find photos that concern your area and you could install it to your scenery. So if there would be enough photos, you could reveal photos, that matches your exact conditions, whether etc. So even if simulator is not perfect to show the things 100% like in reality, you could have opportunity to watch wonderful photos created by wonderful people from all the world. Just like in Google Earth.

Edited by Socrat

I have found this package "Dynamic water texture set" - pwover15 by By Peter Wilding.TN_230903_636.JPGAs far what I have seen in the html document, there are high quality textueres and the whole package is brilliant and hard work of person who understand to lights and colors as they are in the nature. Author solved problems of lights, sun reflections and moon reflections and effect of waves and removed pulsing wave problem. Wanted to mention it here, coz what I have seen looks really much to realism. You can download the zip (not big) and see the html file coz there are images. I am interested if the package is really so good that it could be much more better than Flight environment pro or anything else. The files are from year 2004.Yet another site describing the package: here(On the same site is also one interestiong link with water textures: here)

Edited by Socrat

I think we can go way way way much further, but we need an expert on this.Someone who can patch for example some values in the DLL files, like:- drawn distance of AI planes, currently 20nm, but why not push it a bit farther- textures for ground, 256 now, so let it eat 512 ?- ATC annoyances, like the nm value for off route yelling and altitude- max draw distance of textures- etc etc etcMany of them seems to be fixed values, so an DLL expert should be able to find them, and make a patch program, without breaking any agreement.Its been done for other games, so why not for FS9, and bring it up to 2012 a bit.We just need one assembly/hex guy who can find them.. thats where we need to be after, not endless texture swapping.Just my thoughts..

I think we can go way way way much further, but we need an expert on this.Someone who can patch for example some values in the DLL files, like:- drawn distance of AI planes, currently 20nm, but why not push it a bit farther- textures for ground, 256 now, so let it eat 512 ?- ATC annoyances, like the nm value for off route yelling and altitude- max draw distance of textures- etc etc etcMany of them seems to be fixed values, so an DLL expert should be able to find them, and make a patch program, without breaking any agreement.Its been done for other games, so why not for FS9, and bring it up to 2012 a bit.We just need one assembly/hex guy who can find them.. thats where we need to be after, not endless texture swapping.Just my thoughts..
Yes,, It would be niceRJ Edited by 3Green

- drawn distance of AI planes, currently 20nm, but why not push it a bit farther- textures for ground, 256 now, so let it eat 512 ?
Yeah, these two would be very helpful! + To have exact sun and moon position in real time. Because for example Moon can serve as a point of orientation. BTW: In my country, there is moon in forenoon to be seeing on blue sky, at some parts of year. It would be also interesting to see that in real. In reality, you see the moon in morning and say to yourself: "Would not there be sun on this place"?