Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MindYerBeak

zoom setting ?

The nose of the plane is pretty long so I thought that when I sit there in the vc I'd see the exhausts up front but I can't.I tried zooming in/out and moving the seat back and forth but it doesn't make much difference.Am I missing something ?ThanksVic

Guest bstolle

If you want to see the nose you need to move the viewpoint forward & up.I've set the default viewpoint also further forward & up to see a bit of the nose, as this makes aiming during the approach easier and you see the runway much better if you make a more pronounced flare.If you perform a full stall touchdown you have approx 12deg nose up, and at that point you can't see the runway regardless of the viewpoint :wink:FYI, for instrument flying my standard zoom setting is 0.5 - 0.7 and for VFR flying 0.3 - 0.5Sense of speed at low alt is best between 0.3 and 0.5

If you want to see the nose you need to move the viewpoint forward & up.I've set the default viewpoint also further forward & up to see a bit of the nose, as this makes aiming during the approach easier and you see the runway much better if you make a more pronounced flare.If you perform a full stall touchdown you have approx 12deg nose up, and at that point you can't see the runway regardless of the viewpoint :wink:FYI, for instrument flying my standard zoom setting is 0.5 - 0.7 and for VFR flying 0.3 - 0.5Sense of speed at low alt is best between 0.3 and 0.5
Thanks for your settings. I always thought that the most realistic zoom setting would be 1.00 ? Do you by any chance know how much of the nose a RW pilot sees. I know they can also move the seats up and down and back and forth I'm just asking in general :-)thx again for your help

Guest bstolle

That depends only on each pilots preference. E.g. I like to sit as high as possible IRL. Others sit as low as possible.On bigger planes there are sometimes eye-level indicators on the windshield centerpost for the optimum seating position.Same prefer to see part of the nose and some are interested in the best view to the instrument panel.1.0 zoom is way too much. 0.5 is about the most realistic but as most of us are sitting in front of a single monitor, 0.3 gives you the best peripheral vision and makes visual maneuvering and corrections much easier.

1.0 zoom is way too much. 0.5 is about the most realistic but as most of us are sitting in front of a single monitor, 0.3 gives you the best peripheral vision and makes visual maneuvering and corrections much easier.
Maybe I'm used to 1.00 but I found that 0.5 makes things look too tiny. I'll try to get used to 0.5.I think I'll never make it to get used to 0.3 lol.thanks

Here is a nice setting for the VC.. with the nose visible..[Views]eyepoint= 0.1, -0.95, 1.72