Sign in to follow this  
downscc

SIDSTAR File for KATL

New in the AVSIM Library filename: cycle1113-1201_sidstars.zip.I've been away from this side-hobby for awhile, getting started back into it with Atlanta. Hope you enjoy. Feedback welcomed.PMDG SIDSTARS Cycle 1113-1201 (15DEC11-09FEB12) based on FAA National Data from National Flight Data Center, issued every 56d (Two Navigraph Cycles). These procedures include the following enhancements: All procedures are included as-published by the FAA and they are expanded to replace ATC-vectors with realistic route segments for use in a non-ATC environment (ie not using VATSIM or other service). All STARs include routing from the arrival to the final approach fix of the approach and all SIDs are expanded to include routing from the runway to the departure gate. RNP approaches that have arc-segments are accurately modelled. Procedure turns are included for all approaches where published.At Atlanta in particular, the unpublished departures alluded to in the ATL5 SID (EAONE EATWO etc) are included for use with (JS-41) turboprop aircraft (the jets use the RNAV departures), and the non-RNAV STARs provide route segments to the arrival approaches with realistic constraints for turboprops.The SIDSTAR text file includes a detailed header listing all procedures and notes to help get the best use of the procedures. For the interested, I included an example of how to create an arc where the radius and arc center are unknown based on using a geographical tool such as COMPSYS (available free from the FAA). I include the arcs on the missed approach routes for RNP10 & RNP28.I notice that Atlanta traffic is turned inbound to intercept final at either 4000 or 5000, not sure but suspect this is based on how busy they are. I've set up the routes between the arrival and approach at 5000. Any feedback from folks familiar with this location is appreciated.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hey Dan. Good to see you back on the procedures and back here more. I'll check this out this weekend!

Gavin Price

Dan,Welcome back after a long absence! I'll get straight over there to download it!BestSteve Bell

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

I believe 5000' is what they use for 8/26 and 4000' is 10/28, 9/27.

Eric 

Thanks, Eric, I was watching it this morning landing West on all three and the were using 4000 on 26R, 7000 on 27L and 28 could have been 4000. I am still suspecting that this changes with the amount of traffic.Hey Steve Bell, you still doing some UK SIDSTARS?

Dan Downs KCRP

Hurray the (sid) Star is back in town - Happy New Year Dan and I'll be sure to whizz over to the dowloads section for sure.John Ellison