Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bob650

ITT Limits

I don't have the Jetprop yet, I'm planning to pick it up this weekend. Just a quick question for someone that might know. I have a downloaded manual for the DLX which says the green arc on the ITT gauge ends at 790deg. From the video on the Carenado site it looks like it ends at 690deg. I realize Carenado's version is the DL and not the DLX but was wondering if the ITT markings on Carenado's model are correct?

Guest bstolle

Yes, the DL (-21) is redlined at 695C

Hello,Regarding ITT limits, I apply takeoff power (manual indicates 1300 torque power) and I easily pass the ITT limits, is this normal?Thanks,Alex

Guest bstolle

Only if you are not at SL and in ISA conditions because in the 'standard' case you get 1315ft-lb torque and 695C ITT

Yes, the DL (-21) is redlined at 695C
Thanks Bernt. Really looking forward to this model.

Alex,One of the most important tasks in flying this plane (or any plane, for that matter) is engine management. In a PT6-powered plane, you're always going to be concerned about keeping the engine within limits...so, it's your responsibility to keep the ITT below red line on takeoff and in the climb. You may not be able to get to 1300 ft/lbs torque, and that's okay.