Sign in to follow this  
Murray_CHYZ

Voice Packs... might be causing your problem!

Hello fellow simmers!I am on the 3rd day of the free trial of version 6.5. I am pretty good at trouble shooting FSX problems, but let it be known... I am NO expert.Having said that, I was having some issues with voices cutting out (both ATC and AI) during a test flight. I was using some AT&T and some NeoSpeach voices. I went to the VoxATC site to see if there was an answer to the problem there... there wasn't of coarse... but I noticed the VoxPOP information and DLed those voices and installed them. By using those voices with the VoxPOP Server running, the next flght I attempted went perfectly.I will now give you a list of the hardware and software I use when running FSX...ASUS Sabertooth P67 v3 (newest BIOS)i7 2600K @ 4.8 (Corsair H70 cooler)2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600 (9.9.9.27)2 x 256GB Crucial SSDs (1 for Windows 7 64bit and the other for FSX/Accelerator)2 x Gigabyte GTX560 Ti SOC (SLI mode with newest nVidia drivers - I use nVidia Inspector)Corsair Pro 850W PSU Matrox DTHTG (5040 x 1050 x 3) with a 4th monitor on the DVI of the 1st cardTrack IR 4 (with newest software/drivers)Saitek Proflight Gear (Yoke, 2 Quadrants, Pedals configured using registered FSUIPC) and 3 Panels (Multi, Radio, Switch) controlled with SPAD 0.4.1 driver(other PC HW that is not important)I use REX 2 (on a client PC), UT2 2.9, and EzDok 1.7 as well when flying.I also use a fsx.cfg file that was configured using this online service http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html (PLEASE BE AWARE THAT "MANY" PEOPLE HAVE REPORTED "BIG" PROBLEMS USING THE FSX.CFG THAT THIS SITE OFFERS. BACK UP YOUR ORIGINAL FSX.CFG FIRST!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!) I start FSX using the FPS Limiter program mentioned on the afore mentioned site (http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html) with my "virus program" turned off (nothing else because I maintain a pretty lean, clean, running PC).If I run into any more problems/solutions I will post them! I hope this post helps!Murray

I just tried another flight (IFR this time) and although all the voices worked as they should, I found some other things that were not quite right. I requested a Visual Approach instead of the ILS Approach to 14R and ATC started vectoring me all over the place. After 10 minutes of that, I ignored "her" and did the visual on my own.... out of spite! LOL!I'll keep testing but this program seems a "bit" too unstable to me. It is pretty expensive for something that "seems" to have so many problems. Oh well!Murray

I just tried another flight (IFR this time) and although all the voices worked as they should, I found some other things that were not quite right. I requested a Visual Approach instead of the ILS Approach to 14R and ATC started vectoring me all over the place. After 10 minutes of that, I ignored "her" and did the visual on my own.... out of spite! LOL!I'll keep testing but this program seems a "bit" too unstable to me. It is pretty expensive for something that "seems" to have so many problems. Oh well!Murray
You're lucky. I couldn't even get any AI or any chatter between VoxATC and AI. all i got was white Cessnas, the occasional Learjet with absolutely no visible Commercial traffic whatsoever (I have UT2). Ttried for 7 days with no help from the dev until an email after the 7 day trial period expired with no suggestion over and above what i had tried and no offer of any further help or maybe an extension of the trial period to try to fix. This after confirming that i was seriously considering purchase.Couldn't believe their response. As far as i am concerned, the best thig about VoxATC is this forum.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi Rick!I can tell that you are very disappointed and I think for good reason. Even though I am not having the problems you were, I probabaly won't buy this program anyway.Here's the thing... I owned a very early version of VoxATC (2.5 I think) and it did not seem to be any less/more stable than 6.5. I suppose each person has their own level of what they will tolerate, but I feel this program should be working just a "bit" better than it does for me to fork over that much "quid"!Hey... it's just one man's opinion I guess. Don't hate me for it guys! LOL!Murray

Just tried another IFR flight and added a few more voices. The extra voices worked without problems. Also, I went through the manual and used that to completely setup all of the VoxATC configuation programs. I was very happy to see that Vox gave me a proper departure after that. Vox also gave me an arrival, but unfortunatly, it was an arrival that included a runway that had me doing a "tailwind" approach!!! All the AI traffic were landing from the correct direction. Not sure if that is a problem with VoxATC or VoxATC in combination with REX 2???Anyway!Murray

Took another IFR flight and this time everything went "almost" perfect. The only thing that went wrong was one of the Center controllers kept repeating the same traffic advisories to one of the AI pilots. Luckly, it (he) stopped long enough to pass me on to Approach. LOL!The changes I made before this flight were as follows...1) I increased the distance between weather updates in REX WASys from 60nm to 120nm.2) I set UT2 traffic level to "zero" before starting FSX.BTW, I have read that some of you are using a utility called UT2Bridge? I don't know where to find it. Do I need it? It does not appear that I do! Why is that?Thanks!Murray

the UT2Bridge is the tool that is responsible on importing (indexing) your UT2 traffic that Vox would be able and spawn your UT2 traffic.without running this tool the only AI traffic you would get are the built in ones or those that are BGL based.the tool could be obtained at the following link:www.voxatc.net/UT2BridgeSetup.msiUT2 Bridge is a utility that you can run after the VoxATC Indexer that converts the UT2 flight plans.After installation, go to your VoxATC folder (usually C:Program FilesInternal WorkingsVoxATC X) and run UT2Bridge.exeThat will start the conversion running. When it's finished close UT2 Bridge. You should now have traffic with UT2 aircraft.You should set the UT2 traffic volume to 0 (in UT2 control panel), or not even run it at all.NOTE: Whenever you run the Vox Indexer, you should run the UT2Bridge tool right after.that way you make sure not to lose your UT2 AI traffic.

Edited by Akila

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg