Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quadraspleen

Initialsing Systems countdown

Sorry if this has been posted; I did a search but found nothing..Sometimes I have to save a flight in mid-flight for whatever reason - when I load it again and unpause I get a 20 second countdown while NGX wakes up - by the time it's awake I've usually dropped about 2-3000 feet! It won't countown while paused..any way around this?Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

so just hit Y while it's counting down? Nice one! Thanks.Need to find another way too, as I play Air Hauler a lot and it won't allow slew mode..stops it from working and displays a message - good fix anyway!

The problem with handflying the 20 seconds is that your speed drops off quickly (engines are still spooling up from zero) and you can easily break the FCC shear pins in the process!

The other occasional problem with handflying it is that I have saved at awkward places once or twice and taken a nose into the ground..More pausing rather than saving going on now :)

Slew doesn't work for me with this particular aircraft. When I try she comes alive with a blank MCP and various aircraft system flags which won't reset until I reload the situation and allow the aircraft to initialize with the simulator active. Any workarounds would be great.Regards,Paul Wood