Sign in to follow this  
RickB1293

Where are the HF long wire antenna controls?

I've noticed the HF long wire antenna is deployed on several of my NGX liveries. The antenna crank is supposed to be located on the upper panel but I seem to have misplaced mine. Does anyone know to to deploy/retract the trailing wire antenna?

Weird.. I've never noticed such a critter on any of mine. You actually see a trailing wire?Being as FSX doesn't support HF radios, SELCAL, etc, I'd be surprised that it would be there,unless it's just a visual thing. Haven't noticed anything in the cockpit either..Might check your key assignments and see if any relate to an antenna.. Bout all I canthink of. I don't recall anything like that in the PMDG FMC menu's.

Sure you haven't enabled the flight test package on those liveries?

See wire at top of vertical stabilizer - part of the flight test package. Thanks again Thomas.

Edited by rickb1293

The HF antenna is no more a wire on the liners equipped with it.In the 737 there is an unpainted part (the leading edge of the vertical fin) that works as an HF antenna, inside the vertical fin, just below the antenna there is the HF coupler.But, that is for the aircrafts with an HF system.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

That is not an antenna it is a trailing cone which is used to get the static pressure away from the airplane for test purposes. It is actually a plastic hose.Tom Hibben

I am always amazed at what I learn from posting one simple question. This forum is really the internet at its very best. It just goes to show you that an excellent product draws excellent customers.