Sign in to follow this  
philipe

TRAFFIC LEVELS & MULTIPLE RUNWAYS

Just bought Vox ATC and really enjoying it but had a couple of related queries as follows (by the way I use FSX, Mytraffic 5.4 and default scenery):

• Can VOX ATC cope with multiple runways as I flew into Schipol last night and every aircraft was having to take off and land from the same runway which meant there were literally 20+ planes waiting to take off which also meant when I was taxiing on the ground I was directed into path of aricraft taxiing to the one take off runway;
  • If answer to query above is no then presumably a lower traffic volume level will resolve this log jam on the ground if so what traffic setting to other users use and can this be changed mid flight?

Thanks in advancePhil

The answer is a bit more complicated then just yes or no.Yes, VoxATC could manage multi RW in use and I had those on some occasions.The problem is that VoxATC relies on the Airport scenery (AFCAD) to have that option enabled.from my experience most airports (FSX built in especially) don't have this enabled in the airport AFCAD, so VoxATCis limited to what the scenery dictates.If you do however have a scenery that was written well that enables two RW to be used at the same time, VoxATC would sure use it.WSSS by ImageScene for an instant is one of those that have parallel RW in use written in the Airport AFCAD, there I always get VoxATC assigning Trafficfor landing and Taking off on different RWs.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Thanks for your reply I had a look at a Heathrow UK2000 Scenery last night and that was using different runways for take off and landing all be it they were opposite directions take off on 09R and landing on 27R so must be something to do with AFCAD. I will update tonight and check again - I assume new AFCADS that cope with multiple runways can be found for stock FSX airports on Avsim?

What setting do you have your traffic level on? I have the issue that there is a moderate amount of GA around big airports (EHAM, KSFO, KLAS), but I hardly get any biggies, like regular airlines. My VoxATC has the slider to 100%, but still it's not enough!Running MyTraffic v5.4 on FSX

This has to be connected to VoxATC and not the AFCAD... All of the airports that I have edited still use one runway. The AI traffic in the flight simulator use multiple runways, but VoxATC AI uses only one.

if you use the built in FSX ATC, do the AI get instructions to use two RW?

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg