Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dusty_sourdough

G500 clickspot

I seem to have lost the clickspot, maybe due to the usage ofthe RXP GPS's.Any idea(s) how to get that back w/o using the default GPS?Thanks in advance.

You are right, I apologize for not specifying.I am referring to the click-spot that makes the unit pop-up.The click-spot that returns it works fine. I have to use the shift+1 I think to pop-up.

You have to click on the screen to pop it up and click on the upper rim topop it back.

Do you have my G500 mod installed? If yes, rename the G500_P46T file by adding xxx to the end.

Yes, I have your mod and thank you again for all that you do.Will rename the file. Silly me, did not think to rename it.Sorry for the trouble Bert.

Can't imagine what happened, but would suggest re-installing the Malibu if it bothers you enough.. or use shift-1..

You are right, after installing SP2 , the G500 clickspot no longer works for me either.Two options, either select the non-RXP configuration and change the panel.cfg file byhand, in which case the G500 pops up again, but the ADF cannot be tuned, or the other way around..I've reported this bug to Carenado.

For the folks loosing the G500 VC clickspot (as it seems from the above posts, it's a known bug with the RXP model file), try this.Open the panel.cfg (backup first!)Go to [Vcockpit05]add gauge02=PA46T!ToggleCARG500, 50,0,668,150This will give a VC clickspot on the top of the G500.Since you are using the RXP model file, the ADF also stays usable.

Nice! That works, although on my system, only when I click on the upper rim of the G500,not on the screen itself..Which can be fixed by removing the clickspots in the gauge itself which are there in errorand attempt to popup window 563 which does not exist... Search for "563".An updated gauge mod is available from me on request..

Yes, with your new V33 mod the thing works better, Bert. Well done again. Without it, the area around that GARMIN sign is the one to aim for, upper rim, as you say.So now I've tweaked the plane, installed all mods, edited the RXP config, adjusted the G500 to my liking. Seems I can fly now. :(Yes, I'm voting for Carenado to get rid of the remaining and well known bugs on every release, which will render them to be a top notch dev.

For the folks looking for a larger clickspot now (only works when you have Bert's V33 mod installed!), editGo to [Vcockpit05]add gauge02=PA46T!ToggleCARG500, 50,0,668,150and make that a 420. So the clickspot area gets spread across the G500 screen some more. This didn't work well without Bert's mod, now it does. Don't worry, it stops right before the other clickspots for the VC knobs of the G500 start. Closing the popup only works on the upper rim though.

Actually, if you also edit Window00, you can click anywhere on the screen to close the panel:

[Window00]...gauge02=PA46T!ToggleCARG500,  [img=http://forum.avsim.net/public/style_emoticons/default/mega_shok.gif],0,864,800