Sign in to follow this  
ric243

FSX CTD

Hi all,Firstly I realised I posted in the wrong forum (not the CTD forum), my mistake, can't find how to move or delete it sorry!I have just bought a new PC specs are as follows:Windows 7 Home Premium SP1Intel i5-2500k @ 3.3 Ghz8 GB RAMAMD Radeon HD6700 1GbAll I have installed is FSX, PMDG J41, and using Saitek Pro Flight yoke, throttle, and peddels.FSX randomly CTD's with the message 'fatal error' and then restarts. This happens no matter which aircraft that I am using, and it always happens 'in game'.It always happens when I select something on the top menu bar, or the menu that is bought up upon right clicking.I searched already the forums here but can't find anything that matches my circumstances.Not knowing much about computers, I don't know were to start. Is there some kind of error log I can view?Can anyone point me in the right direction?Thank you;Richard

Edited by ric243

Right mouse onto Computer, Manage, Event Viewer, Windows Logs, Application: search here for Error in connection to FSX. Post the text you can copy (in General) when you open the error.

Thanks!There were 3 crashes tonight, and 4 error files:First one:Description:Activation context generation failed for "C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XModulesFSUIPC4.dll". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect ,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="67c7c14424d61b5b",type="win32",version="10.0.61245.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis. Second one: Description:Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3Faulting module name: uiautomationcore.dll, version: 7.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4a5bdb1dException code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x0000e52aFaulting process id: 0x9fcFaulting application start time: 0x01ccd79d4caf133fFaulting application path: C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator Xfsx.exeFaulting module path: C:windowssystem32uiautomationcore.dllReport Id: 110d3e43-43a5-11e1-9629-d02788671b90Event Xml:<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> Third One:Description:Activation context generation failed for "C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XModulesFSUIPC4.dll". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect ,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="67c7c14424d61b5b",type="win32",version="10.0.61245.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.Event Xml:<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> Fourth One:Description:Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x00000000Faulting process id: 0x3184Faulting application start time: 0x01ccd7b1e0d23c1eFaulting application path: C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator Xfsx.exeFaulting module path: unknownReport Id: 8ec62012-43aa-11e1-9629-d02788671b90Event Xml:<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> All of which means nothing to me! Any takers?Thanks for any help!

Did you replace the default UIAutomationcore.dll with a Vista-Version one?http://forum.avsim.net/topic/359667-uiautomationcoredll-this-is-the-correct-file/page__hl__uiautomationcore

Edited by Kosta

1st + 3rd Problem. Are you using a registered or unregistered FSUIPC?

Also which version. You should be using latest from the forums.

Thanks for your help. I havn't tried the Vista version of the Uianimationcore, will do that later and see how it goes!The version of fsuipc I am using is unregistered, it came when I installed the J41.Cheers!

Guest jahman
The version of fsuipc I am using is unregistered, it came when I installed the J41.
Update to the latest version.Also enable Windows Update so you have the latest MSVC and .NET runtimes.Cheers,- jahman.

Also enable Windows Update so you have the latest MSVC and .NET runtimes.
Not only enabled windows updates but RUN them. Press windows button on the keyboard, type in windows update and press check for updates. Do this until windows says no more updates. You probably will have to reboot several times until all updates are installed, if you have any open.

Activation context generation failed for "C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XModulesFSUIPC4.dll". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect ,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="67c7c14424d61b5b",type="win32",version="10.0.61245.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.
Those two entries aren't crashes, merely errors encountered when FSUIPC4 was being loaded and when it tried to connect to the latest version of SimConnect. Looks like you have some sort of Simconnect problem, or your FSX is not fully up to date. Not that the latter is so important, just that the only way the earlier versions of FSUIPC4 had of detecting the version and connecting to it was trying each in turn. This gives an error log entry if they aren't there, but it is of no consequence.You wouldn't get such entries in any case if your FSUIPC4 was reasonably up to date as I worked out a different way of detecting and linking to SimConnect..The only other identifiable error you have there is the UIAutomationCore one, which has been answered.RegardsPete Edited by Pete Dowson

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Thanks very much for your help guys. That seems to have done the trick.Cheers!
Glad to have helped!

Guest jahman
Thanks very much for your help guys.
You're welcome!
That seems to have done the trick.
Can you expand on which bit helped you?Cheers,- jahman.