Sign in to follow this  
alainneedle1

What will I gain compare to this..

Can somebody test this for me.
I don't think smoothness can be tested... :( This isn't the answer you are hoping for, I know, but afaik the main differences between FSX and P3D are to be found in areas that can't be tested with benchmarks: smoothness and lack of blurries and those kind of things only can be seen and experienced, not tested with numbers as a result.BTW I don't own P3D: I have no use for it because FSX is running well enough here for me (I tried P3D and it ran worse for me). The improvements P3D (may) offers right now aren't worth the subscription costs for me. The improvements I mentioned are the ones people are posting here. And btw even IF things could be tested, it is of no use at all to have it tested on another computer, because just as with FSX, P3D behaves quite differently on different computers.If you want to know if P3D would be good for you, you'll have to give it a try...!

Guys, what I was trying to get at is this, what will I get more out of P3D with the settings I had in FSX, that's all, everything was maxed, all boxes ticked, roads vehicules at 30%, no airline traffic, general aviation traffic 100% including airport vehicules maxed and water at Mid 2.x, as far as colors and stuff like that one can change it in Nvidia Inspector, by the way both vid. I made were in DX10, no shimmerings and flashing lights at night.So what I'm trying to know has nothing to do with colors and stuff like that, what I want to know is how much better will P3D run with the same settings as I have in FSX.Can somebody test this for me.Thank you.
Please tell me how to edit the vivid and colours in Nvidia Inspector to get my FSX same looking as in P3D...

Can somebody test this for me.
These are Srdan Kostic's testing results:Interpret it however you want.FSXMark11:FSX:Min 21Max 35Avg 28,117P3D:Min 32Max 41Avg 37,033Cloud AA Test:FSX:Min 26Max 37Avg 28,767P3D:Min 46Max 58Avg 50,600

I made a quick movie on LOWS with the Beech Duke Turbine in default settings in Prepar3D with Light Bloom On and 2600K at stock speed...Due to conversion on Youtube the movie is not so fluid as in real but give a good Vivid & Colour impression you can expect.Watch in 1080 HDhttp://www.youtube.com/user/simbanlInteresting to notice is the lack of shimmer compared to my other Western Approach to LOWI PMDG 737NGX movie on the same airport but made in FSX

Edited by simba_nl

Guys, what I was trying to get at is this, what will I get more out of P3D with the settings I had in FSX, that's all, everything was maxed, all boxes ticked, roads vehicules at 30%, no airline traffic, general aviation traffic 100% including airport vehicules maxed and water at Mid 2.x, as far as colors and stuff like that one can change it in Nvidia Inspector, by the way both vid. I made were in DX10, no shimmerings and flashing lights at night.So what I'm trying to know has nothing to do with colors and stuff like that, what I want to know is how much better will P3D run with the same settings as I have in FSX.Can somebody test this for me.Thank you.
Alain, are you still running FSX in DX10 mode? If so I think P3D is still in DX9, hopefully soon to be DX11. :)P.S. - you need to get TrackIR!!!!

Alain, are you still running FSX in DX10 mode? If so I think P3D is still in DX9, hopefully soon to be DX11. :)P.S. - you need to get TrackIR!!!!
Yes, the vid. you see above were 100% made using DX10, no shimmerings, no flickering lights at night and VERY good FPS at unlimited, (still some flickering runways but not everywhere) I also use the FPS limiter in the new Nvidia Inspector 1.9.5.9. depending on where I fly or what the conditions are. If you take the time to tweak (Nvidia Inspector) you may be surprised, by the way I have no tweak at all in the fsx.CFG folder, no bufferpool or crap like that where you can messed up FSX pretty goodI know, I need TrackIR....other priority right now, less time to fly.

Ive played with DX10 preview and its HORRIBLE! Way too many issues with it. Im surprised people still use it.Rob

Ive played with DX10 preview and its HORRIBLE! Way too many issues with it. Im surprised people still use it.Rob
Same here. I also saw no FPS improvement and I only got loads of visual bugs and glitches with the fullscreen to windowed mode.

Well, I don't know what to tell you guys, my vids. speak for themself, all DX10 without any bugs (but some flickering runways). I understand that some have problems with DX10 in FSX and others with DX9, why...I don't know but for me DX9 is not an option.Again, is FSX in DX10 perfect...naaaa....as FSX in DX9 also, I spent 2 weeks tweaking with Inspector, changing this or that, sometimes with good and sometimes with bad result, I (from my own experience) think that one's hardware can also make a big difference in DX10.

I tried dx 10 again after upgrading my video card but still the same. My hometown airports all had flickering runways and not all night lighting would word at some of my pay ware airports. The little jump in frame rate was welcome with dx 10 but all the other problems are what keep most people away from it. Over locking and tweaking my system to run more efficiently got me the same results with fsx that you have in you video without have to turn on dx10. P3d took it a step further because it gives me the boost of dx10 without having to put up with the unfinished bugs dx10 brings along. Not to say p3d does not have its own issues but it's a step in the right direction and I am eagerly awaiting to see what they do with it.But like I said in an earlier post, I would sit on the fence a bit more before moving to p3d. More adding developers need to support it. I was perfectly happy with how fsx performed, but I enjoy the tinkering with both my computer and the addins, but many people do not and I can understand that. RobPs I'm typing this on an iPhone so if a misspelled a lot it because I can hardly see the screen lol.

Out of the box DX10 gives me an improvement over DX9 performance wise, however my manual tweaks have lifted DX9 too great heights and DX10 runs horribly in comparison. Add to that various problems with textures and things like progressive taxi and the choice is easy for me. DX10 is one of those YMMV settings. :(