Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Got my copy of Aerofly FS today....we'll see.

I look forward to loading this software on Saturday and spending some time with it. Hope it supports my Microsoft FF2 joystick
Hi spilok, i have been trying out this sim for a few days now, for the price of a good FSX addon you can't go wrong. you will be pleasantly suprised i think.And i also have a Microsoft FF2 and it works perfectly. Unfortunately the sim has no FFB yet, only the joysticks default settings as far as i can tell. After playing mostly ROF i really miss the FFB effects.Lots of potential, i just hope they listen to us and implement the important things. As it is, it's a very lonely place in Aerofly FS no ai atc ect.. But gorgeous graphics and very very smooth....

Been following this a little and there appears to be talk about Aerofly and whether or not they will do this, or do that. Has Aerofly announced any intentions to do anything with this sim moving forward?Bob

They've added a line to their web page:More AeroflyFS add-ons will soon come : aircrafts, sceneries, airports,...John

No English manual as far as I know. It is German. Went to their website to try to get an English manual to read in advance. If anyone knows where there's a download on such a document, please let me know.Stan

Thanks. Got it.Loaded Aerofly yesterday and spent about 2 hours with it (off and on). I'm impressed for "what it is". It is certainly not the sophisticated sim we're all used to...FSX. It has many features I'd like to see in FSX.

• Phenomenal shadows in the cockpit
  • Superb sounds of all aircraft
  • very realistic feel of controls as they input plane movement
  • Consistent FPS @ 60.

I'm going to do more flying with this "alternative" flight experience before I consider doing a personal review.Stan

Edited by spilok

Stan,Looking forward to your impression of that sim. It looks to me that they have made some incredible breakthroughs in graphics.BTW I pass by Allentown a number of times every year on the way from New Brunswick to Lancaster County. Last year I was a guest speaker in your city at one of the oldest churches in the state. The cemetery surrounding the church was filled with soldiers from the American revolution. It was a really strange feeling, as it was more than likely that my ancestors might have helped put some of those poor guys there. After the war my forefathers had to move north to stay in British North America (Canada) in order to keep wearing red uniforms. When I told everyone that, there were a few moments of nervous silence as people looked over their shoulders to make sure there were no uninvited guests floating around. :Nail Biting:Next time I am passing through Allentown maybe I'll let you know in advance to see if it works out timing wise so that we can meet for a coffee and talk shop.Kind regards
We are all friends now. Friends always put the past behind them. Nice history lesson there. I am yet to read a book on the Revolution, yet have some books on American history that contain enough of the revolution to give you the 'required reading', like school syllabus...Daniel