Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Got my copy of Aerofly FS today....we'll see.

Got my copy of Aerofly FS today. I will load it when I have time this weekend. I'm looking forward to it although it's only Switzerland and limited in many ways. I'm curious about other sims and I will report to you my impressions of it when I have it installed. It wasn't bought to replace FSX in any way, shape, or form. It was bought simply as an alternative flight sim.This is perhaps going to be my attitude when I purchase Microsoft FLIGHT. I don't think anything right now will replace my wonderfully fluid FSX. I couldn't be happier with how FSX is working on my system. I have all the addons, and I look forward to many more years as this "Flagship Flight Sim", FSX, evolves and develops.I think we'd all be served better to accept the efforts of developers and check them out. Instead of bashing "unreleased software", it might be good to check it out yourself, OR if you don't want to invest in it.....wait for the "real" reviews of those who take the time and initiative to get it and fly it.Stan

Hey Stan,Looking forward to your opinion.Bob

Got my copy of Aerofly FS today. I will load it when I have time this weekend. I'm looking forward to it although it's only Switzerland and limited in many ways. I'm curious about other sims and I will report to you my impressions of it when I have it installed. It wasn't bought to replace FSX in any way, shape, or form. It was bought simply as an alternative flight sim.This is perhaps going to be my attitude when I purchase Microsoft FLIGHT. I don't think anything right now will replace my wonderfully fluid FSX. I couldn't be happier with how FSX is working on my system. I have all the addons, and I look forward to many more years as this "Flagship Flight Sim", FSX, evolves and develops.I think we'd all be served better to accept the efforts of developers and check them out. Instead of bashing "unreleased software", it might be good to check it out yourself, OR if you don't want to invest in it.....wait for the "real" reviews of those who take the time and initiative to get it and fly it.Stan
+4 Hey Stan, nice duds!

When you have put it through its paces, why don't you write a review in our new review system? This would be the perfect opportunity to start collecting readers impressions of this new sim.

Tom says it all, looking forward to a review, Stan. :( Looks like big time GA fun.

It is fun! I am using the f18 to plan my mountain bike routes for spring. It's not a fsx replacement be any means but there is a lot of potential.

-Iain Watson-

I've been waiting for it also. Bought it @ simw.com and it should be delivered in a few days. I concur with Stan's post. I think it isinteresting to share our opinions.CheersFabio

Thanks for the interest. GEOFA...so great to hear from you. I sure hope all is well with you and your family. I look forward to loading this software on Saturday and spending some time with it. Hope it supports my Microsoft FF2 joystick. I realize I'll be without my EZCA cockpit movement and all the great addons for weather and textures, but there's still an excitement to climb into a new plane and do some good ol' VFR cruising.Tom, I'll sure consider giving my impressions of this sim after flying it for a while. Stephen, appreciate the compliment. That pic was taken the day I had lunch with the legendary coach and commentator, Mike Ditka! He visited our city and I participated in a charity event at which he was guest speaker. However, I kind of dress that way every day as a business owner here in Allentown, Pa.Stan

Stephen, appreciate the compliment. That pic was taken the day I had lunch with the legendary coach and commentator, Mike Ditka! He visited our city and I participated in a charity event at which he was guest speaker. However, I kind of dress that way every day as a business owner here in Allentown, Pa.
Stan,Looking forward to your impression of that sim. It looks to me that they have made some incredible breakthroughs in graphics.BTW I pass by Allentown a number of times every year on the way from New Brunswick to Lancaster County. Last year I was a guest speaker in your city at one of the oldest churches in the state. The cemetery surrounding the church was filled with soldiers from the American revolution. It was a really strange feeling, as it was more than likely that my ancestors might have helped put some of those poor guys there. After the war my forefathers had to move north to stay in British North America (Canada) in order to keep wearing red uniforms. When I told everyone that, there were a few moments of nervous silence as people looked over their shoulders to make sure there were no uninvited guests floating around. :Nail Biting:Next time I am passing through Allentown maybe I'll let you know in advance to see if it works out timing wise so that we can meet for a coffee and talk shop.Kind regards

Cool!! Let us know; seems like a cool good looking sim judging from what I have seen on youtube alone.

Simon

Looking forward to your impression of that sim. It looks to me that they have made some incredible breakthroughs in graphics.BTW I pass by Allentown a number of times every year on the way from New Brunswick to Lancaster County. Last year I was a guest speaker in your city at one of the oldest churches in the state. The cemetery surrounding the church was filled with soldiers from the American revolution. It was a really strange feeling, as it was more than likely that my ancestors might have helped put some of those poor guys there. After the war my forefathers had to move north to stay in British North America (Canada) in order to keep wearing red uniforms. When I told everyone that, there were a few moments of nervous silence as people looked over their shoulders to make sure there were no uninvited guests floating around. Nail%20Biting.gifNext time I am passing through Allentown maybe I'll let you know in advance to see if it works out timing wise so that we can meet for a coffee and talk shop.Kind regards

• rep_up.png
  • rep_down.png

StephenStephen,Please give me a 'heads up" and I would love to have lunch with a fellow simmer! Lunch is on me, and I'm already thinking about a few good restaurants. Welcome, my Northern Brother.Stan

Edited by spilok

Hi Stan,....very interested in your review. From the youtube of this thing...it looks fantastic. Yes, it may only be Switzerland for the flying area....but, it is a FLIGHT SIMULATOR of Switzerland, and as far as I know, you don't have rings, birds, floating air bags, and cups of hot chocolate to fly over, under, through, or near, to get points.... I am very happy about this...it is about flying....pure and simple. The focus is on flying, and flight parameters.Yes, please let us know A.S.A.P.! Plastic standing by.....

I've been waiting for it also. Bought it @ simw.com and it should be delivered in a few days. I concur with Stan's post. I think it isinteresting to share our opinions.CheersFabio
------------------------------------------------Please do Fabio, with thanks!Mitch