Sign in to follow this  
Bushido5

Is New Zealand South good ?

I wasn't going to buy it, as I didn't like the look of vegetation in some of the screenshots. But the DTP guys have started a MP tour of the island every Sunday. So, I watched a couple of the videos of it and saw enough to take a chance. Just flew the first leg today, down the valleys on the northeastern side. I was quite impressed. The airports are farther apart. Shoot, there aren't very many people there. But every little dinky grass strip I landed at today had peopleflow. And the scenery is really pretty incredible, even on the "dry" side. The textures are really good. E.g.:nzsi.jpgI like PNW. I fly there the most. Also mostly because of the airports I have there. But I love Tongass as well. And I fly regularly in the Gold region of Australia. Each has its charms. PNW can look a bit homogenous as well. I love the change in scenery and textures.

I wasn't going to buy it, as I didn't like the look of vegetation in some of the screenshots. But the DTP guys have started a MP tour of the island every Sunday. So, I watched a couple of the videos of it and saw enough to take a chance. Just flew the first leg today, down the valleys on the northeastern side. I was quite impressed. The airports are farther apart. Shoot, there aren't very many people there. But every little dinky grass strip I landed at today had peopleflow. And the scenery is really pretty incredible, even on the "dry" side. The textures are really good. E.g.:I like PNW. I fly there the most. Also mostly because of the airports I have there. But I love Tongass as well. And I fly regularly in the Gold region of Australia. Each has its charms. PNW can look a bit homogenous as well. I love the change in scenery and textures.
Hi Phil,It's really good to see you. How are things?Kind regards,

Things are good! I see a number of folks have migrated over here. I understand why. Shame, really. You are doing a good job at the reins of this forum, Stephen.But, like I said, I'm quite happy with NZSI. I've been a bit more choosey, lately. There are several newer airports in PNW I don't have. But I'll certainly get Jackson Hole when it comes out.

I wasn't going to buy it, as I didn't like the look of vegetation in some of the screenshots. But the DTP guys have started a MP tour of the island every Sunday. So, I watched a couple of the videos of it and saw enough to take a chance. Just flew the first leg today, down the valleys on the northeastern side. I was quite impressed. The airports are farther apart. Shoot, there aren't very many people there. But every little dinky grass strip I landed at today had peopleflow. And the scenery is really pretty incredible, even on the "dry" side. The textures are really good. E.g.:nzsi.jpgI like PNW. I fly there the most. Also mostly because of the airports I have there. But I love Tongass as well. And I fly regularly in the Gold region of Australia. Each has its charms. PNW can look a bit homogenous as well. I love the change in scenery and textures.
Hello Phil,Yes, I've flown mainly in NZSI these past two months and I've been astounded by all the valleys, sounds, and of course, PeopleFlow. The valleys are amazing, and that shot of yours clearly represents it very well. Could you please tell me which route you when you took that screenshot?Cheers,Clem

I can't remember exactly where that shot was taken. I was flying up the Wairau Valley on that flight, stopped at Nelson Lakes, NZLI, then flew around NW over to Lake Rotaroa and down the valleys through Nelson Lakes National Park to Hammer Springs. I think that shot was in those valleys in the National Park, but it was somewhere along there. :-)nzsi.jpg

Thanks for your reply Phil, and also providing me with my next flightplan!

Echoing that thanks Phil, I flew that flight plan in the Nemeth AW109 and it was a gorgeous flight, I was so busy admiring the scenery I almost forgot to pretend I was evacing a hurt climber out of that Nelson Lakes National Park.

--John near KPAE