Sign in to follow this  
AirbusCG

SDK doesn't install

Hello,I have a problem with the FSX SDK. I have FSX ACC pack. When I install the FSX SDK following the guide on FS-developer.com the SDK doesn't show up in the sim. There is no "tools" menu and no other options which could be from the SDK.I am running the setup as admin and I also made sure that I run the correct installers.I only have one problem with the text of the guide. It says I should go to the folder sdk\ but there is none. So I simply tool the second installer from the disk. Am I missing something here?I had the SDK runing befor I needed to reinstall my FSX so I am sure that there is no problem with my system which might prevent it from running, at least I hope so.I'd apprechiate any help from you guys.Thanks for your help in advanceEmi

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Hi Emi,check your entries in your dll.xml file. You should see entries like this:<Launch.Addon> <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>Dietmar

I just went through this with FSX Gold not long ago, there should be an SDK folder on the first FSX install disk and another on the Accel disk. You should run [drive letter]:SDKsetup.exe to install the basic FSX deluxe SDK first. Then put in the Accel disk and update to SP1a by running [drive letter]:SDKSP1afsx_sdk_sp1a.exe. Finally with the Accel disk still in the drive run [drive letter]:SDKsdk.msi to install the Accel SDK.I am unable to browse the disks in Windows Explorer on my setup, I think it has to do with copy protection, but the green progress bar in the address field never finishes indexing the disk or whatever it does (Win7). I was able to "dir" the disks from a command line though and then I just ran the installers from the command window. IIRC they need to be installed in the order above or the Accel installer will complain that the previous version is not installed (and then the first thing it does is remove the existing installation anyway, but whatever).Jim

Mine looks like that also. but I have the same problem. I also see a zip file of a huge sdk. Is this my old one? Control panel says I have Acceleration and also the accel disks show sp1a, whereas I used to have sp2..... and during installation I was asked by the install program to get rid of sp2 then start the install again.btw- my accel- other than this- seems to be running fine. here's mine<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?><SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"> <Descr>Launch</Descr> <Filename>dll.xml</Filename> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKEnvironment KitTraffic Toolbox SDKtraffictoolbox.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>Bob

Edited by JYD

Hi,pls look at this two links. The two docs do explain very precise the the installation of the SDKs in cinnection with the different FSX versions. In addition, the second link provides info for troubleshooting.I do not know of any better help for this issue.http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_%28FSX%29http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_%28FSX%29_-_TroubleshootingDietmar

Thx Dietmar for the info.

I have had the same prob with the SDK since installing it. And just gave up not knowing what else to try....

I am going to give it another try tonight when i have time.