Sign in to follow this  
sebihepp

random based failures, how to make the aircraft older faster

Hello,is there any way to make the aircraft get older faster? I don't like preset failures, because I know what will happen. I prefer random failures, but I don't want to wait 2000 flight hours for something happening. Is there a way to set the age of the aircraft? Or at least to say I want 3 random failures in the next 2 hours (In the FMC you have to specify Electrics or Engine or APU, ...)?best reardssebihepp

PMDG-737NGX-Introduction.pdfPage eighty (EDIT If I type numbers here, I get a weird smiley...?!) to 96. It's all possible and it's all there. You can set the amount of random failures per 10 hours. The higher the number, the more failures.In the CDU go to the menu and click on PMDG SETUP > AIRCRAFT > FAILURES > ALL SYSTEMS > RANDOM > and set RANDOM FAILURES to ON and choose the EVENTS PER 10 HOURS.P.S. When you enable SERVICE BASED FAILURES on the ALL ITEMS page, the total flight time and system operationis tracked, so that would make the plane older the longer you fly. But then it may take some before something happens, which you don't want.

Edited by J van E

Took me a while until I figured how to set it up so that I retain the random failure setting between sessions, but it works now, and I already had some nice excitement - a NAV2 radio failure enroute to Budapest, and AC TRSFR BUS FAIL shortly after landing in Amsterdam, now THAT would have scared me in flight!

Does anyone know if there is a way to modify the value of "Next Service in xxx Hours"?I want to change the "Next Service in 200 Hours" to 12 hours or something a little closer to home. I know the aircraft has a notepad document that stores all this data; is this value one of the values users can modify?

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Took me a while until I figured how to set it up so that I retain the random failure setting between sessions, but it works now, and I already had some nice excitement - a NAV2 radio failure enroute to Budapest, and AC TRSFR BUS FAIL shortly after landing in Amsterdam, now THAT would have scared me in flight!

And how did you manage to do that? Every time I reload the 737 the random failures are gone...

I can't remember, really...

It might have been that I realized that I had to set failures for each tail separately, or it might have had something to do with my custom-made default load state.

And how did you manage to do that? Every time I reload the 737 the random failures are gone...

Setup failures to your liking, and save the panel state - then select this state as startup.

Mas