Sign in to follow this  
dighost

Second Interview with Joshua Howard... sigh...

Joshua is either the biggest idiot in the history of gaming software or an abject genius. But, I'm a betting man, and I'm betting that FLIGHT will soon be renamed "The FLIGHTANIC" after it sinks as fast as his career.
I quote you.I am a betting man too ( even if I do not get paid for won bets... ) and I bet Flight will cease its DLC production within this fall due to lack of DLC revenue.Game over- Edited by Mark II

Nope, no matter how big customer base Flight gets they wont turn to hardcore simmers. They will going to make addons for Flights INTENDED customers, mainstream users, not to small hardcore community out there.
As FSX today!If I want a Orbx-scenery of my hometown - I can forget it. Why? Because it wouldn't be interesting for Orbx' "mainstream users".If to small hardcore community out there - wants a Manila-scenery from Orbx - they can forget it.But if a - big customer base - wants a Manila-scenery from Orbx ---> $$$$ - then ..........As I said: Microsoft Flight (PMDG, Orbx, etc.) = business (not charity).
Also Microsoft will never be able to produce anything near PMDG quality for Flight.
May not produce, but sell.....
Well, obviously because it still uses pretty much same old engine and its graphics are not up to todays standards at all (if we compare to AeroflyFS which looks awesome, comparing to X plane 10 is not fair as it includes whole world.)
John Venema (Orbx) said:- "As for making our own engine? Been there, done that, talked to a bunch of suppliers. Again, nothing comes close to the FSX core code, it's that good.Have you - "been there, done that, talked to a bunch of suppliers"?

if nothing else, Flight definitely shows a failure of imagination and vision, IMHO.
Isn't Microsoft's imagination and vision what the "hardcore sim" people are upset about? That MSFlight is a different direction from FSX, FS9, etc? Microsoft imagines that they will be able to bring more people into computerized aviation by making the initial step/flight simpler, then allowing a gradual increase in realism...kind of like some of the driving games/sims. I don't think that not clearly sharing what they imagined, or their vision for the future of MSFlight, means that they don't have both.

Guest russellbdavis

I have one word to describe FLIGHT...Cheesy.My grandson who loves Call Of Duty will have no interest in FLIGHT whatsoever.

Edited by russellbdavis

Guest russellbdavis

One disagreement I have about this article is the claim about playing games on FACEBOOK. I NEVER play a game on FACEBOOK. That is the most dangerous activity to subject your PC to. FACEBOOK is a petree dish for infecting your PC. There are NO safeguards at FACEBOOK to protect you from unwelcomed intrusions. So I'd say, modify the article to read " About 8 0 percent of U.S. gamers, involved in very risky behaviour, now play such titles, mostly through Facebook"I guess I'm in the 2 0 % group.

Edited by russellbdavis

Good for him, he is not the target audience then. Flight is mostly for people who have at least some interest in aviation.

FACEBOOK is a petri dish for infecting your PC. There are NO safeguards at FACEBOOK to protect you from unwelcomed intrusions.
I heard someone say that a long time ago... and since then I haven't joined Facebook!I had a feeling that site was a haven for viruses...Alan :( Edited by ViperPilot

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.