Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

You Can't Be Serious?

I don't know that poor sales of Acceleration were the reason for their demise. I think that they, AGAIN, released an unfinished program (poorly coded) that would run terribly on most systems. That scared a lot of people. 6 years later and users are still having problems, even with the latest hardware.
Yes, I think the release date of FSX was a strategic blunder. Flight simulator was always a showcase for Microsoft, and FSX made Microsoft look bad - it was VERY slow, and a bit buggy. Should have been held til it was at SP2 level...which would have given the hardware enough time to have a fighting chance as well.Then it might have been seen by the world as the brilliant, encyclopedic, infinitely expandable program that it is. Look how much fun we're all now having with it, all these years later!

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Finally.......TTTTEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAA...................

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.