Sign in to follow this  
lollo883

Norwegian Air Shuttle cockpit configuration

Hello everybody,I've searched in this forum and on the internet but I culd not find a definitive answer to this question. I'm looking for the exact cockpit configuration Norwegian Air Shuttle uses on their B738. I mean the "generic" configuration. I know that some of them are Wi-Fi equipped and some others no and some of them have COLLINS autopilot meanwhile others have HONEYWELL. I already "know" the "basic configuration" for them. What I cannot find is the exact setting of every feature PMDG allow us to set in this fantastic beauty.Maybe there could be also major differencies between NAX 738 a part from Wi-Fi and Autopilot but, in this case, just specify the aircraft you know about with its registration. For example... LN-NOL or LN-DYP. :Star:Just one more question about Norwegian. The actually use C.I 15 as standard (a part from some "special" flights). This CI generates a descend-speed of about 255-260kias. I know from a NAX OM dated 2008 that this descend speed is used as company procedure in real life. But it's in this way today, too? I mean...this manual is dated 2008; maybe things have changed. Anybody knows about something new about this?Thank a lot to everybody!!! :(

A quick peek at airliners.net has 2 pictures of the -800 but w/o the displays on....so you may have to guess for the other stuff.No HGSISFDFail PassiveCollins MCPETOPS Cargo Fire PanelThis is with LN-DYJ. You've probably already seen these pics though ;).

Hello Patrick,Yes...I have already seen these photos but unfortunatly the screens were off. :S It is right for this thing that I'm looking for further information... :)Thank you very much anyway! ;)Lorenzo Chiovaro

The displays are PFD/ND, and it's single class (i'm 99% sure) At least I have never seen a Norwegian with "two classes".They are now installing WiFi on all, or most of the 800, including LN-DYC. :(

Thank you very much Bjørn.I'm quite curious to know if they have "steel or carbon barkes" and "short fiel package" or not. Quite hard to know...don't you think? Probably the only way to discover this is being able to put hands on a Norwegian 737 OM... :)Lorenzo Chiovaro

Yeah, only if I could! :DI do not think they have SFP, and I read somewhere that they bought one or more with Carbon Brakes. But I guess they have both Carbon and Steel.

Hi,According to my information Norwegian use 260 knts to descend .It is known as the E decend speed.CI is 15 when flying domestic rotations and a CI of 40 is used on International routes.That said if a flight is running late on domestic routes at the pilots discretion the CI may be increased to 40 in order to regain some time.This information was correct at the end of 2010 and is still current.As Norwegian have received aircraft from various souces of late some cockpit set ups have differ slightly .One recent aircraft was built for Air Berlin for example then switched to Norwegian Air Shuttle!

I think that Norwegian has SFP on some of there planes , at least it looks that way from some of the video's I'v seen.

Best bet is to try and look around from a nor shuttle pilot - scan forums like airliners.net, pprune, etc., if you identify one NAS pilot, contact him directly.

Thank you very much guys for these information! I will try to cantact a pilot who flies for NAX and maybe there could be one even in this forum, too. I understand that it's preddy difficult (and it's no in my ideas) to have the entire Norwegian fleet set up in my FSX with every single detail set in the correct way. But I would just to know if my settings are done well or not. :DThanksLorenzo Chiovaro

I'm probably flying with Norwegian soon (pax), and I can try to ask them about it! I usually always fly with Norwegian here in Norway.

I'm probably flying with Norwegian soon (pax), and I can try to ask them about it! I usually always fly with Norwegian here in Norway.
Thank you very much!! This would be much appreciated! :D I only I would live in Norway...but I will be soon :DLorenzo Chiovaro