Sign in to follow this  
FLIGHTO

TRAFFIC

AM I MISSING SOMETHING OR IS TRAFFIC (TCAS) NOT SUPPORTED BY THE G500 IN THIS BIRD?THANKS

Welcome to Avsim. :smile:The Garmin manuals list it as an option, not a default feature. The RXP gauges or the tweaked ones from bliksimpie may give you a traffic display though.Mind your caps lock. :(

Edited by CoolP

So by default the G500 does not support TCAS.??????? I have read about bliksimoie tweak, I have PM'd him (or her).Sorry about the caps, i am a heavy duty equipment and aircaft appraiser, all my reports have to be in caps...... its kind of always on...

Well it does, optionally, support a traffic display. I don't know it the rw JetProp runs it then. Check the Garmin site if you like, the manuals are free to load. No problem about the caps, just looked a bit odd.I was missing the DME on the G500 for example, but that Garmin manual also showed that it just supports VOR pointers, no DME info. I would never buy a real G500. :(

i know what you mean, having over 200 hrs in Flight 1's mustang, i was spoiled. I guess i will have too wait for bliksimpie to send me his tweak.... having the traffic on the G500 MFD would have been nice.....Thanks

I have also added traffic to the G500 gauge (apart from the GNS430 and GNS530). When home I will send you all 3. Just not at my home computer now.I am sure I can add a proper TCAS to the G500. I will start to play a bit with that. Give me a while. Until then You will have to just live with the traffic display for now.I can also Add the DME displays etc for you guys to the G500. If anyone would like to have that, i am more then willing to make a new updated G500 for the Malibu. Any other readouts you need on G500. While I am at it let me do everything in ONE go.

Extremely excited about this...... Thanks for the response.. DME on the PFD would be great... I am convinced that we all could make this plane perfect over time.....1 tweak at a time..Thanks again....

this is what traffic look on G500I decided in red square to indicate traffic. that is showing up best for me on the topo map as well as when topo map is off. You will also see some trailing dots and from that you will be able to workout the direction the plane is going. See the little red arrows I drawn in. the faster the plane also the longer the dots will be spaced out. In middle is learject. right at bottom is cessna 172, see how close the cessna dots are and you almost can see it is making an about turn back to airport. I also have added the descriptions of traffic.Let me know what you think of the traffic on G500 so far.zztraffic01.jpgand this is what it look when topo is off.zztraffic02.jpgPLEASE NOTETo those that I said I will send them the G500 file. Just be patient I also want to inclue the DME readouts then I can send it out only once to whoever want it.

Edited by bliksimpie

See left bottom cornerits coming along ok.Any ideasLeft bottom corner all underneath each otherortop in a roworright top all underneath each otherAny preferences/ideas. Cant keep all happy but those that willing to give input might get there requestdmeee.jpg

I would leave it in the bottom left as it is... there is nothing in that corner to begin with... its out of the way.

Your updates look very good. One difference I have noticed between the P46T's G500 and the Flight1 Mustang's G1000 GPS units is that there is no ETEto the next waypoint displayed on the G500. I can find the distance to the next waypoint by looking at the G430 NAV1 display, but I have to use the Trend Monitor on the co-pilot's side to get an ETE to the next waypoint.Is there anyway to add an ETE function to the G500? Could the DTK in the NAV status bar be replaced by ETE?

Edited by Lifeguard911

Your updates look very good. One difference I have noticed between the P46T's G500 and the Flight1 Mustang's G1000 GPS units is that there is no ETEto the next waypoint displayed on the G500. I can find the distance to the next waypoint by looking at the G430 NAV1 display, but I have to use the Trend Monitor on the co-pilot's side to get an ETE to the next waypoint.Is there anyway to add an ETE function to the G500? Could the DTK in the NAV status bar be replaced by ETE?
the pic was just the beginning and not the end. Was merely asking where about you want the info boxes so when I do the work I can do it once in the correct area. That does not mean that is the only info boxes you going to get.I dont have the mustang as I am personally not really into glass cockpits. maybe you can post a screenshot of G1000 and indicate what you want added..

Sure. Here is a closeup of the MFD on the Cessna Mustang. The ETE is displayed on the NAV status bar giving the time to the next waypoint. I personally find more useful to know the time than the distance to the next waypoint, but having both is even better.G1000ETE.jpg

Edited by Lifeguard911