Sign in to follow this  
steve howlett

Nothing wrong in having both is there?

I actually like the Icon (which is an amphibious Sport Aircraft, not a "flying car"). It is currently the only aircraft in which you are able to land and take off on water, and it has a basic GPS/Moving MapIf you lean out from the cockpit a bit (Hold down the middle mouse button, and drag your viewpoint), just like you have to in real life, you can see just fine.
To be honest, the Icon A5 looks like the most interesting of the handful of planes that I have seen to date. It looks quite smart, seems to have a clean, uncluttered panel, and has the added advantage (as you say) of being able to land on water. I am not a fan of tail draggers, so that's the Maule, Stearman, and P51 Mustang in the bin for starters (and the fact that the latter doesn't have a VC is simply icing on the bin lid).By the way, I think I saw a video that showed someone approaching one of the aircraft prior to take off. Is that something that is only available at the start of a flight, or can the pilot actually get out of the plane, and wander around a bit? Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Maybe all the things MS was asking them to do was too much?
I think it was the other way around. MS was dumped by the devs....

By the way, I think I saw a video that showed someone approaching one of the aircraft prior to take off. Is that something that is only available at the start of a flight, or can the pilot actually get out of the plane, and wander around a bit?
I cannot go into details, but what you thought you saw in the videos is true. Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.