Sign in to follow this  
harryg

Management Reference Guide

I bought Pat Boone's Management Reference Guide for the Boeing 737 NG the other day. It is a very interesting read. It is meant for actual pilots and is relatively expensive for just us sim guys but having more money than sense I bought it anyway. It is 300+ pages of notes taken by real 737 drivers put together as short sequences on all the systems. I won't attempt to describe everything that is in there but a few items I found: 1) Why there are 4 light grey panels on the overhead panel 2) What the little white plus (+) sign means on any of the panels. 3) What you do if the toilet flush valve is jammed open. 4) Turning off the battery with external AC power connected puts the air/ground sensor in air mode and can damage the static inverter. Each section gives reference to the proper manuals such as FCOM, NNCs, and MELs. I am sure all this information is in all the manuals. It is how he ties it together that makes it fascinating. Harry Gentilozzi

Do you have a link?I am quite enjoying Chris Brady's compilation of his site, into a spiral bound, glossy page, full-color book. It is packed full of information. Also a bit expensive, and you have to buy it from a dealer in Holland or Spain IIRC. Made it across the pond fairly quickly.http://www.b737.org.uk/book.htmI also like that it covers the whole lineage, so you get some sense of the background and evolution. About a third of the control configurations on the NG are common with the 707!The + notation is where the connection for the lighting bezel is, if the lighting flickers, you push there. Very odd thing. The rest I don't know -- yet.* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

Indeed I know several pilots who swear by the book.Some also recommend http://www.cockpitco...IONS/CategoriesOrest: get the management reference guide at 737mrg.netIf we are talking "quiz", then:1) those are what pulling the fire handle disconnects - Air, Hydraulics, Electrics and Fuel.

Edited by Fabo

Found it, and ordered.Nice to see that they have an Android app as well.* Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

Indeed I know several pilots who swear by the book.Some also recommend http://www.cockpitco...IONS/CategoriesOrest: get the management reference guide at 737mrg.netIf we are talking "quiz", then:1) those are what pulling the fire handle disconnects - Air, Hydraulics, Electrics and Fuel.
1) Correct!2) The small plus sign is on panels that have a built in backlight. It marks the location of the ground and in the real AC can be pushed to reset a faulty connection.3) When a toilet is flushed there can be up to a 300 fpm pressure fluctuation. If the flush valve gets stuck you can get continuous cabin pressure loss. You then have to manualy close the toilet shutoff value (located on the lower part of the toilet shroud).Harry Edited by harryg

3) What you do if the toilet flush valve is jammed open.
Imo this is the most important thing in that whole book.