Sign in to follow this  
Hirgab

What do we know about Flight's technical improvements over FSX?

I'm a beta tester, and I've posted negative comments here. And I have flown in Flight at speeds faster than 120 kts in level flight. Here are the specs for the RV-6A: http://www.vansaircr...lic/rv-6spe.htmHere are the specs for the Maule M-7-260C: http://www.pilotfrie...ce/Maule/24.htmAttila, we all know that you don't like Flight. No one is forcing you to ever use it.But how is constantly hanging out here just to ridicule Flight (often by posting inaccurate information) benefiting this community?
It isn't inaccurate information. I picked an average speed for the planes - and your specs of the real thing are meaningless in the face of how MS implemented these planes.As to why I post, it's because if I didn't, your misinformation would be the only post on the subject.

It isn't inaccurate information. I picked an average speed for the planes - and your specs of the real thing are meaningless in the face of how MS implemented these planes.As to why I post, it's because if I didn't, your misinformation would be the only post on the subject.
Her misinformation...?you are the one telling people to go 120knots.Give me a freakin break!!

You wrote: "Make sure it can't go faster than about 120 kts in level flight." It is misinformation when you are suggested that none of Flight's aircraft can reach speeds greater than 120 Knots.If you're going to accuse another member here of posting misinformation, you'd better be able to back it up, or it is nothing more than a personal attack.So what misinformation have I posted on Flight? Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Ok here are the cruise speeds:Icon 85 ktsStearman 87 ktsMaule 147 ktsRV6 167 ktsAs you can see I was quite generous with the speed if you don't actually buy the Maule or Hawaii.Yes, you can go faster than 120 kts, however, the average cruise speed is about 120 kts for the four of them.The Mustang is not part of the deal obviously.

Don't forget that you are only reading the opinions of the few beta testers who care to write positive posts here. Negative posts from beta testers are not allowed and even then, it would only be a few people, who'd be brushed off as haters.So, just hang in there for two more weeks. I suggest that in the meantime you fly around Hawaii in FSX in some plane that's similar to what MS will offer on day one. Make sure it can't go faster than about 120 kts in level flight. That will give you a pretty good base to compare scenery and flight models, not to mention that you'll be familiar with the relative location of airports and some landmarks.While you do this, turn off AI traffic, ATC and real weather. Do not use flight plans or your GPS. Fly low and slow and pretend you are carrying ducks or monkeys as cargo. If you can keep that up for the two weeks, you'll be ready for Flight.
Well, i've said several times that I don't mind negative posts so it's cool with me. Forums need a bit of diversity.With respect to your comment: I've done plenty of time in FSX Hawaii, PHNL and Dillingham most commonly but I've also flown GA aircraft round the other islands, Maui is great fun. On the 29th I'll be flying the Vans and seeing how it compares (yes, i'll be buying the islands/vans payware).If there's no gps i'd miss it a bit, but usually fly in Hawaii using landmarks anyway. It's good VFR country.ATC i'll miss a bit, ai traffic i'll miss a lot. I have no intention of flying ducks or monkeys, and my undertstanding is that these game features are not mandatory. I still have rescued the baby elephant in FSX after 6 years...poor thing.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

As a separate post, Arwen, how many things were you wrong about? Alpha, beta, early development, still being worked on, oops release on 29th? Sound familiar? I have more, but we cannot discuss it yet.

Ok here are the cruise speeds:Icon 85 ktsStearman 87 ktsMaule 147 ktsRV6 167 ktsAs you can see I was quite generous with the speed if you don't actually buy the Maule or Hawaii.Yes, you can go faster than 120 kts, however, the average cruise speed is about 120 kts for the four of them.The Mustang is not part of the deal obviously.
don't try to back pedal now, troll.

ai traffic i'll miss a lot.
Yeah that one seems like a pretty easy addition for future content. What comes to mind is however, seeing as we'll all be flying in Hawaii, it will be interesting, if not kinda cool to play in a 16 user "room" that has 15 other human controlled planes flying around. I look forward to see how that all works out.

Yeah that one seems like a pretty easy addition for future content. What comes to mind is however, seeing as we'll all be flying in Hawaii, it will be interesting, if not kinda cool to play in a 16 user "room" that has 15 other human controlled planes flying around. I look forward to see how that all works out.
it's fun :)especially racing around the island or doing short landing/takeoff competitions

don't try to back pedal now, troll.
Backpedal? It is clear that you cannot even go 120 kts unless you spend $15. So be ready to do your testing at 85 kts.

As a separate post, Arwen, how many things were you wrong about? Alpha, beta, early development, still being worked on, oops release on 29th? Sound familiar? I have more, but we cannot discuss it yet.
You didn't post in your ridiculing post that your AVERAGE speed couldn't exceed 120 knots; you posted "Make sure it can't go faster than about 120 kts in level flight." Which is not true, hence it is misinformation.Plus you didn't not state the you were were excluding the user from flying at the Maximum Cruising Speeds, which are faster:
  • Icon 95 kts
  • Stearman 108 kts
  • Maule 149 kts
  • RV6 182 kts

I did not post misinformation about the Alpha: I was told at the beginning (on Jan 5th), by the Flight Team, that we would be testing the Alpha version of Flight.I did not post misinformation about about the FACT that Flight was still being worked on (which is STILL true). The latest build was just completed last week and it includes a LOT of changes that the beta testers have not even seen yet (and will not see until Flight is released on the 29th).So, unless you have some actual proof that anything that I posted about Flight is actually misinformation, you are still just attacking me personally, by suggesting that I have posted things that are not true, which I presented as facts.

Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Why would I want to use an average cruise speed...................for any purpose? I owned an RV6A with 180 HP & constant speed prop. It would easily do 180 knots, and has about three times the takeoff/climb performance of a Cessna 172. Pattern height, halfway down the runway was no problem. One thing for sure, is that I didn't have to average my speed with some 85 knot machine, to figure my my flight times.L.Adamson

Backpedal? It is clear that you cannot even go 120 kts unless you spend $15. So be ready to do your testing at 85 kts.
P-FREAKING-LEASE!!!!!!!!! hahhahahah!!!you are so wrong it's just hilarious now!Please give me some more insight into the game you've never played! I would love to hear you make up some more crap!

You didn't post in your ridiculing post that your AVERAGE speed couldn't exceed 120 knots; you posted "Make sure it can't go faster than about 120 kts in level flight." Which is not true, hence it is misinformations.Plus you didn't not state the you were were excluding the user from flying at the Maximum Cruising Speeds, which are faster:
  • Icon 95 kts
  • Stearman 108 kts
  • Maule 149 kts
  • RV6 182 kts

I did not post misinformation about the Alpha: We were told at the beginning (on Jan 5th), by the Flight Team, that were were testing the Alpha version of Flight. This was updated on Jan 17th,I did not post misinformation about about the FACT that Flight was still being worked on (which is STILL true). The lasted build which was just completed last week includes a LOT of changes that the beta testers have not even seen yet (and will not see until Flight is released on the 29th).So, unless you have some actual proof that anything that I posted about Flight is actually misinformation, you are still just attacking me personally, by suggesting that I have posted things that are not true, which I presented as facts.

I am sorry if I did not spell out the exact speeds, but as usual, you missed my point with the 120 kts. I am not going to get into this with you here now on topics we cannot discuss, but let it be known that I know more than you think, because I am a beta tester too and I do have the islands and the Maule and the P51.Clearly, I have done some beta testing to get these things and I disagree with you and the others on many points. I have the same things as all of you. I can see the same thing in the files, yet I have a different opinion.I know the list of changes and I can say that "being worked on" and "fixing bugs" is not the same thing.You like splitting hairs, but the fact is that when everyone gets a chance to try Flight, there will be even more different opinions than there are now.

*more random words*......but the fact is that when everyone gets a chance to try Flight, there will be even more different opinions than there are now.
and a whole lot less BS.