Sign in to follow this  
Hirgab

What do we know about Flight's technical improvements over FSX?

Sorry about not spelling your nick correctly . . . I'll stick with just Oz from now on. :)And yes, to your "big question." I expect that the Flight build (core) is going to continue to be updated pretty frequently.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

It is impossible for me to explain how much better the lighting is. I have a ton of screenshots that look amazing . . .
+1. The lighting system is truly fantastic.

I am pretty sure that those kind of features likely would be implemented much earlier in development...
Have you seen Flight's latest Changelist, that was posted last Thursday? Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

Have you seen Flight's latest Changelist, that was posted last Thursday?
I stand corrected! :(

An improved GA flight model
This is highly subjective and will likely be debated once the game is out.

This is highly subjective and will likely be debated once the game is out.
All these things are highly subjective. All could be debated once the game is out. We could be off doing something useful like curing cancer or whatevs. But here we are...So, how about that flight model, eh?

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Guest dreckman
Arwen, on 13 February 2012 - 07:10 AM, said:Have you seen Flight's latest Changelist, that was posted last Thursday?I stand corrected!
Damn you beta testers and your cryptic posts :(

So, how about that flight model, eh?
The point is that we can't discuss it yet. Not without a test that everyone can try and see how their controllers allow them to perform various maneuvers and if a given plane actually performs differently given some parameters, like airspeed, weight, wind, flaps, gear, altitude and so on.One would expect that it is not that hard to improve on the flight model of FSX, however it is probably just as easy to screw it up in the name of gameplay.

Have you seen Flight's latest Changelist, that was posted last Thursday?
Yes it was very interesting. Nice to see that devs actually listen to testers.Over 700 bugs fixed to date. No Major bugs as of now...............very very stable.Fred.

No Major bugs as of now...............very very stable.
How you would know how stable the latest build is? I'm hoping it is good, but I won't know anything first hand until I actually get to try it out. At this point, it is still speculation.

~ Arwen ~

No, because everyone still has the beta build not the release build.

The point is that we can't discuss it yet. Not without a test that everyone can try and see how their controllers allow them to perform various maneuvers and if a given plane actually performs differently given some parameters, like airspeed, weight, wind, flaps, gear, altitude and so on.One would expect that it is not that hard to improve on the flight model of FSX, however it is probably just as easy to screw it up in the name of gameplay.
Well, we can't discuss it very specifically - i'm not a beta tester, but it's just possible some of these fine people are, and you do get a vibe for how things are from their 'cryptic comments'.And the vibe is that the flight model is better, not worse. There's plenty of assists for the noobs, but the actual flight model sounds 'as real as it gets'. That's just fine for me, and it makes me pretty confident that under all the crud Flight has aspirations to be a real sim.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Well, we can't discuss it very specifically - i'm not a beta tester, but it's just possible some of these fine people are, and you do get a vibe for how things are from their 'cryptic comments'.And the vibe is that the flight model is better, not worse. There's plenty of assists for the noobs, but the actual flight model sounds 'as real as it gets'. That's just fine for me, and it makes me pretty confident that under all the crud Flight has aspirations to be a real sim.
Don't forget that you are only reading the opinions of the few beta testers who care to write positive posts here. Negative posts from beta testers are not allowed and even then, it would only be a few people, who'd be brushed off as haters.So, just hang in there for two more weeks. I suggest that in the meantime you fly around Hawaii in FSX in some plane that's similar to what MS will offer on day one. Make sure it can't go faster than about 120 kts in level flight. That will give you a pretty good base to compare scenery and flight models, not to mention that you'll be familiar with the relative location of airports and some landmarks.While you do this, turn off AI traffic, ATC and real weather. Do not use flight plans or your GPS. Fly low and slow and pretend you are carrying ducks or monkeys as cargo. If you can keep that up for the two weeks, you'll be ready for Flight.

I'm a beta tester, and I've posted negative comments here. And I have flown in Flight at speeds faster than 120 kts in level flight. Here are the specs for the RV-6A: http://www.vansaircraft.com/public/rv-6spe.htmHere are the specs for the Maule M-7-260C: http://www.pilotfriend.com/aircraft%20performance/Maule/24.htmAttila, we all know that you don't like Flight. No one is forcing you to ever use it.But how is constantly hanging out here just to ridicule Flight (often by posting inaccurate information) benefiting this community?

~ Arwen ~