Sign in to follow this  
Hirgab

What do we know about Flight's technical improvements over FSX?

Why would I want to use an average cruise speed...................for any purpose? I owned an RV6A with 180 HP & constant speed prop. It would easily do 180 knots, and has about three times the takeoff/climb performance of a Cessna 172. Pattern height, halfway down the runway was no problem. One thing for sure, is that I didn't have to average my speed with some 85 knot machine, to figure my my flight times.L.Adamson
The cruise speed 167 kts is not the average of the RV6. It is the specified cruise speed. The 120 kts was a speed that indicates what you'll be flying at on the average, when you get Flight. Hence my statement of not flying faster than 120 kts.I was being generous to the Stearman and Icon that cannot reach 120 kts.

The cruise speed 167 kts is not the average of the RV6. It is the specified cruise speed. The 120 kts was a speed that indicates what you'll be flying at on the average, when you get Flight. Hence my statement of not flying faster than 120 kts.
I'm aware of that, since I've been involved with RV's for 18 years. You're the one, that used average speeds, from lumping different aircraft together, to make a point...........which was rather pointless.An advantage of the RV was to get to scenic areas rather quickly. Example, Grand canyon less than two hours away. Fly the opposite direction, and Yellowstone was also within two hours. But once I got there, I did tend to slow down. I've flown some Hawaiian Islands in an open cockpit bi-plane. Very scenic, when it comes to the rain forest, volcanic action, whales in the ocean, etc. If "Flight" let's the imagination get a glimpse of actually being there, then more power to it.L.Adamson

Well...it would have been easiest to say 'be prepared to fly at speeds typical of a GA aircraft'. Which i'm happy to do around Hawaii on the 29th.@ladamson: it will be interesting to get your thoughts on the flight model of the RV6 on the 29th.

Edited by OzWhitey

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

. I am not going to get into this with you here now on topics we cannot discuss, but let it be known that I know more than you think, because I am a beta tester too and I do have the islands and the Maule and the P51.
Sorry, but I'm having trouble believing that you are a Flight beta tester. For one thing, you have been posting comments against Flight's beta testers since the beta testing began.And you have tried to refute many of the things that I've written, which you would have known were true, if you had really been a beta tester.I can prove that I'm a beta tester, can you? Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Sorry, but I'm having trouble believing that you are a Flight beta tester. For one thing, you have been posting comments against Flight's beta testers since the beta testing began.And you have tried to refute many of the things that I've written, which you would have known were true, if you had really been a beta tester.I can prove that I'm a beta tester, can you?
Really now? I could consider that slander. But I know about your "Girl-gamer" post and I know about your disappointment with many things that you posted in the beta forum. Let's just leave it at that.And I wasn't posting against beta testers in general, just the ones that made it sound like they knew better, because of their privileged status. I wasn't going to get into a contest with you then and I let your posts stand - and there was a time when you had stuff that I didn't have yet. Now I know on what you based your posts.I tried and will try to keep my posts to what is publicly known or could have been seen at CES, but you couldn't help yourself and played up your beta tester status.The beta is over and there is only two weeks left before everyone can evaluate how Flight simulates flight and whether it is to their liking or not. Rest assured that the people who were hopeful and will find that not everything is made of cheese will make their opinions known here and elsewhere. The opposite will be true as well, but you better get used to the fact that not everyone agrees with you, beta tester or not.

Really now? I could consider that slander...
How?Could you hear what she wrote?I couldn't!Slander: spokenLibel: writtenIt's really useful to know the difference.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest BlueRidgeDx

It would have been nice, if in your zeal to sugarcoat the Flight experience, you'd show some discretion and - gasp - NOT TALK ABOUT THE SOFTWARE OR THE TESTING PROCESS until released from the NDA. I understand that unlike previous Microsoft NDA's, this one allows you to identify yourself as a tester, but he entire point of the NDA is to prevent you from disclosing information about a product that's not ready for public reveal. Do you people understand that?I think it's amazing that the folks who have only nice things to say are allowed to constantly violate the NDA, while those that offer a critical view are shouted down, belittled, and have posts removed. Attila is right, come the 29th, there are going to be a lot more testers posting opinions that don't match what Arwen would have you believe. And the fact that you're willing to make an argument over 120kt vs 147kt shows how desperate you are. His point is that you can prepare for Flight by flying low and slow over Hawaii with no ATC, no AI, and no real weather. Are you arguing that his point is false? Or are you just picking a trivial detail to contest so you can draw attention away from the larger truth?Nevermind, don't answer that.

How?Could you hear what she wrote?I couldn't!Slander: spokenLibel: writtenIt's really useful to know the difference.
Thank you kindly. English is the fourth language I had to learn. But I guess it makes a big difference in this case to use the correct law term, right?

It would have been nice, if in your zeal to sugarcoat the Flight experience, you'd show some discretion and - gasp - NOT TALK ABOUT THE SOFTWARE OR THE TESTING PROCESS until released from the NDA.I understand that unlike previous Microsoft NDA's, this one allows you to identify yourself as a tester, but he entire point of the NDA is to prevent you from disclosing information about a product that's not ready for public reveal.Do you people understand that?I think it's amazing that the folks who have only nice things to say are allowed to constantly violate the NDA, while those that offer a critical view are shouted down, belittled, and have posts removed. Attila is right, come the 29th, there are going to be a lot more testers posting opinions that don't match what Arwen would have you believe.And the fact that you're willing to make an argument over 120kt vs 147kt shows how desperate you are. His point is that you can prepare for Flight by flying low and slow over Hawaii with no ATC, no AI, and no real weather. Are you arguing that his point is false? Or are you just picking a trivial detail to contest so you can draw attention away from the larger truth?Nevermind, don't answer that.
If someone is asking what hardware they need for Flight, and no one here really knows.......Would you not tell them?I would gladly risk getting kicked from the beta, in order to help someone choose the correct hardware(or avoid spending extra if they don't need to!).

Thank you kindly. English is the fourth language I had to learn. But I guess it makes a big difference in this case to use the correct law term, right?
You are most welcome. Although English is my native language, none of the other three modern languages I know well can be used here because the forum doesn't support the character set, and they are all written from right to left! :LMAO:Truth be told though, you'd be amazed at the number of lawyers I'm acquainted with who mistakenly transpose those very precise terms themselves!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest BlueRidgeDx

No, I wouldn't say "jack", because the NDA specifically prohibits it. In past betas, you weren't even allowed to acknowledge your participation, let alone reveal performance information about an incomplete and unoptimized build of the software. You read, acknowledged, and agreed to that policy before you downloaded the installer. That you and others can't be bothered to keep your word is disappointing.

Really now? I could consider that slander. But I know about your "Girl-gamer" post and I know about your disappointment with many things that you posted in the beta forum. Let's just leave it at that.
It is not libel to post on a forum: "I'm having trouble believing that you are a Flight beta tester." That was an honest statement, in which I stated my belief. And it was based on your anti-beta tester posts on this forum.So why were you trying to refute my claim that Flight was still being worked on? If your were a beta tester you would have known that was true.And you still haven't proved anything. My Live ID is ArwenEve, what is yours? Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE