Sign in to follow this  
maddog83

Question about 738 rate of descent

Hi guys, i'm a new member here.I'm pleased to have signed in 'cause i've saw that there're a lot of interesting topics about simulation.I'm apologize for my English which could be not completely correct, anyway i hope you'll understand me...:-)My first question is: is a maximum rate of only 1200/1300 ft/min in clean configuration without using speedbrake with 250Kias normal for B738?I've found it a little bit strange; I thought it was able to have a little bit higher rate of descent like about 2000/2200 ft/min.What do you think about it?Thanks for any replay!

Edited by maddog83

Should be closer to 2300fpm at 250kts with the speedbrake. What was your N1?

Matt Cee

Hi my friend! and Welcome.I just completed two flights on IVAO (KLAS-KORD-KJFK), so its very fresh in my head.You can easily have a 2500 to 3000ft/mn rate of descent from cruise level to approx level 200. Below that you'll have to use the speed brake lever if you want to maintain this rate of descent. The 737-700 can have a higher rate of descent without using the speed brakes. (3500 to 4000ft per min). You also have to take into account the aircraft weight.

At low altitudes my rate of descent goes as low as 600-800 feet per minute.I also would like to say that you English is very good! Much better than the stuff you often read on the Internet.Manfred

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

I missed in the last post the most important information in order to give me explanation about the question above: the vertical speed of 120071300ft/min has been achieved giving iddle power, thats why it seems to be a little bit strange...it was as if no drug were generated( probably English mistake :() by the wings. I know that the B738 is very high performance airplane but not like that...

I also would like to say that you English is very good! Much better than the stuff you often read on the Internet
Reading above you'll probably change idea... :lol:Peppe Edited by maddog83

1200/1300 with the -800 and no speed brakes are pretty close to the real, try the -700 and -600 to see a lot of difference.Check your N1 and antiice. (as previously told, if you cannot slow down search on the forum for idle bug)

Regards

Andrea Daviero