Sign in to follow this  
thomamaxi

Forgive my ignorance but...

Hello,Please forgive my ignorance but I am totally confused about Microsoft Flight. I must confess this mainly my ignorance but also due to confusion posts I have read.Is Flight a totally new sim or is it just a free download that is not for the "serious" simmers?Is it the case that you can only fly within a certain area and not worldwide?If it is a completely new sim , will you be able to run all the exisiting add-ons like PMDG?Thank youPaul

Is Flight a totally new sim or is it just a free download that is not for the "serious" simmers?It's a new sim that is a free download. It remains to be seen if it is for "serious" simmers, although it is obvious that if you desire to be "serious" you will pay for the privlige.Is it the case that you can only fly within a certain area and not worldwide?Currently you will be flying the islands of Hawaii. Other areas will become available...for a price.If it is a completely new sim , will you be able to run all the exisiting add-ons like PMDG?Nothing you currently own is going to work.

Flight is a totally new sim.It depends on your definition of :serious simmer. I like Flight, and I consider myself to be a serious flightsimmer. But some people feel that Flight isn't a serious sim because it doesn't include large airliners (at least not yet) and you will be limited to just Hawaii for scenery (at first), and we don't know if it will include features like ATC, AI, and Real World Weather.Flight is going to be released as a free core, with only the Big Island of Hawaii and a couple of small aircraft.It will not work with current addons.Flight's FAQsLatest News from Flight's Development Team

Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Is Flight a totally new sim ...?
Unclear how much of Flight is new and how much is re-hashed old code. Bits of it definitely look new and improved. The performance is better. But it is unclear how much of the performance improvement is due to better coding and how much is just a result of stripping-out lots of the functionality that used to be intrinsic to FSX (such as the features Arwen mentioned).Tim

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.