Sign in to follow this  
tttocs

Thanks

Just wanted to say a quick thank you to all of you who've made this plane more enjoyable to fly thanks to your suggestions and mods. In particular:Bob Loblaw for taking the time to explain the basics of flying the Malibu.Bert Pieke (again!) and bliksimpie for their combined efforts in making the G500 better integrate with the RealityXP GNS's as well as better, period.CoolP for his fix for the missing clickspot on the G500.Bought the plane yesterday, got all of the various fixes and updates in place and am now in the process of trying to acclimate to the glass cockpit. I'm an analog gauges kinda guy (hate the term "steam gauges") most likely because that's what I learned to fly with. My scan is broken in this thing, but I'll get there. Maybe. (I could, in fact, head off on a whole long digression about how I still think there's nothing better for hand-flying an ILS than a good ol' set of crossed needles, but I'll resist.)Oh, and thanks to that broken scan, I Iearned that Bernt Stolle implemented stalls quite well. The autopilot ran away with pitch on climbout from Sitka, AK this morning (probably something I did wrong as I'm getting used to everything) and I caught it way too late and got to recover from a classic power-on stall (once I got the AP decoupled!). Juuust a bit behind the airplane, I was. Fun. Sorta.Scott

Oh, and thanks to that broken scan, I Iearned that Bernt Stolle implemented stalls quite well.
:(
Fun. Sorta.
That's the spirit. She does have nice sounds, huh?

That's the spirit. She does have nice sounds, huh?
Yeppers. The whole turbine sound thing is addictive, and I know exactly where this leads. First the Duke, now the JetProp and soon - the King Air? If I can adjust to the whole glass cockpit thing, I'm even considering the Flight1 Mustang now.Slippery, slippery slopes.Scott

Scott,I think you will enjoy the Mustang. Once you get accustomed to the G1000, you will find it a wonderful plane to fly. It's not as fast as other Citations, but faster than the JetPropX for certain. The detail level is amazing, right down to being able to read the placards on the landing gear.

Right, the Mustang still is a fine one and very versatile too. You can land pretty slow and still cruise rather fast, though not like on the commercial jets. But while the JetProp gives you some 250-260 kts GS, you'll see some 350 on the Mustang. The G1000 is very nice.A light rendition of the G1000 (tweaked default) is available in the Feelthere Phenom. I don't own that one, but it looks nice. Just stating this because the Phenom is the competitor to the Mustang in rw I guess. It cruises a bit faster, some 390 kts GS.

I have the mustang and it is a great addon but the only thing that keeps me from using it all the time is i get a lot of stuttering compared to other aircaft i use. The Malibu is a much smoother experience. even the NGX gives me better fps and smoothness. I for one cannot wait for the C90 i think its going to be great.