Sign in to follow this  
Raimo I

Level-D 763 engines allways running (visual and audio)

Hello.Does someone know why my FS2004 LVD763 engines wont shut down. Well thei shut down but visaully thei are still at idle speed and idle sound. I have custom audiopack from avsim but I dont think that cause it. Tried reinstall and that didnt help. Suggestions anyone?Thanks.

Load the cold and dark state from the Level-D menu.And try it with the original sound - that might be a culprit.

If they are running at idle then they are not shut down. I think you need to be a bit more clearer. A soundpack would not affect the visual display externally or on the EICAS

Rob Prest

EICAS shows that engines are shut down as supposed, but when looking engines visually, then the fans are rotating at about idle speed (idle speed when engines would normally work), and also engine running sound is present.

Edited by PhOeNiX

Is the apu running?
You know, I was going to ask that but why would the engine fans be turning just because the apu was running?

No, the APU is not running. Plane is as cold and as dark as it can be, but fans are still spooling and sound is coming. It really frustrates me.

I was wondering if it was windmilling fans plus apu sound - been a while from the 763, don't even remember if windmilling is modeled anyway...Just noticed you use a custom soundpack - some of them have a permanent external apu sound after shut down, some quite loud. Did you keep the original sounds after the reinstall to see if it stopped?

Regards,

Mark

Got it working now. Seemed to be some problem with my saved default flight for cold and dark cockpit. Made a new one and now it works.

Got it working now. Seemed to be some problem with my saved default flight for cold and dark cockpit. Made a new one and now it works.
Excellent!