its a single gpu at 1000mhz it should kill the gtx 580
HelloLike MrKen said above, Nvidia cards are better for FSX, ATi have never coped with heavy clouds, the Ati driver developers know this but have stated they have no interest in improving the situation with FSX.

For the ATI cards I would suggest using Bojotes shadermod and that should improve ATI performance.I would suggest getting a GPU that would keep the balance with the CPU else either one of them would get drag.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Hi guys just bought a super overclocked evga 5801.5gig :) get it in a day or so! ill def upgrade to a 680 when it comes out!
GTX680 will be complete overkill. I'd go for a GTX660. It will be slightly more powerful than a GTX580 but at a much more affordable cost.