Sign in to follow this  
bakaman

A KSEA Scenery with the NGX

Hi guys,I'm sure all of you have heard about the KSEA scenery from Flytampa (fs9 version). I would like to know if there is someone who would be kind enough to help me make the fs9 version work in fsx. Answer from those of you who successfully realized that operation would be very appreciated ! Topic based on this video:

My 2nd request is, can those of you using KSEA fs9 in fsx report about the performances they got with the NGX ?thank you

I've done it and it works surprisingly well. Works just fine with the NGX and frames are quite reasonable.This guy has done a great service to the community. Do study the install instructions closely and be aware the folder instructions in the 64 bit version aren't quite right. His reference in step 2 of the manual to the "FTX_PNW_objects_KSEA_BNC_PlC.bgl" should be ""FTX_PNW_objects_KSEA_BCN_PLC.bgl" but otherwise work right. It's not too hard to figure out what to do.The first time I tried it, I had two FlyTampa control towers and other oddities, so do check the forum on his site. I eventually figured it out. You have to register, but it's no big deal, and that way, you'll have access to some helpful posts.I did this when I still had FS9 on my computer, so it worked well. Without an FS9 though, you may not be able to get the FlyTampa executable to install.Finally, while this does a terrific job on the terminals and gates, the taxiway markings, especially the SMGCS markings don't appear. Overall though, it's the best KSEA out there for FSX IMHO. If only I could get rid of that bogus rotating beacon by the QX (Horizon) gates...

Edited by flyfed

Herman Ross

Seattle, USA

http://www.myflightsimblog.com/MyFlightSimBlog/KSEA.htmlNote that you do not need OrbX PNW. The merge works perfectly fine without it.After running the installer, follow the instructions for copying files from the FlyTampa scenery folder to the newly created FlySeattleFSX folder. Also remember to copy all Textures from the FlyTampa folder to the FlySeattleFSX textures folder.Looks really good.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

Once again A BIG THANK YOU ! I have two more questions and i'll be done.1- I do not have fs9 KSEA should i buy it especially to run it with the patch or doesn't worth it?2- What about that portland scenery from flight 1 ? (it also has a patch from the same website.) Is it any good?

I can only try to answer your first question. Having FT KSEA for FS9 already, it was a no-brainer for me. Even if I didn't have it, I'd go for it, since even the ORBX NA Blue update to SEA, while better than the stock one, doesn't come close enough. Obviously, I'm biased since I'm from Seattle. I can honestly say that the FlyTampa scenery does a great job of catching the atmosphere of KSEA. The unique lighted gate markings on the air side of the terminals, the oddly leaning floodlights for the stands, the way they nailed the different terminal archetecture and even the slowly changing bilboard seen on the parking strucure overlooking the AS gates all work together wonderfully. If you look closely at the bilboard, it's for Frasier Crane's talk show from the old Frasier TV series.I do suggest finding out if the FT scenery will install enough in FSX to be usable with the instructions on the myflightsimblog site. The key to making it work, as noted by Jev in post #6, is that you have to have the files in the default FlyTampa scenery folder (there are 71 of them) to move intact over to FSX. You could always try to install it in FSX and see what happens. If it won't go, if it were me, and you still had your copy of FS9, it would be worth it to install FS9, install FT KSEA, move things around as described in the detailed (if slightly fuzzy instructions), make sure things work, and then uninstall the FS9 FT KSEA and then FS9.So, is it worth it? For a reasonably priced airport, albeit for FS9, and a little bit of playing around with renaming files, you have a darn good KSEA for your FSX. If it wasn't clear from the earlier discussion and links, the files on the myflightsimblog site are free.

Edited by flyfed

Herman Ross

Seattle, USA

I can only try to answer your first question. Having FT KSEA for FS9 already, it was a no-brainer for me. Even if I didn't have it, I'd go for it, since even the ORBX NA Blue update to SEA, while better than the stock one, doesn't come close enough. Obviously, I'm biased since I'm from Seattle. I can honestly say that the FlyTampa scenery does a great job of catching the atmosphere of KSEA. The unique lighted gate markings on the air side of the terminals, the oddly leaning floodlights for the stands, the way they nailed the different terminal archetecture and even the slowly changing bilboard seen on the parking strucure overlooking the AS gates all work together wonderfully. If you look closely at the bilboard, it's for Frasier Crane's talk show from the old Frasier TV series.I do suggest finding out if the FT scenery will install enough in FSX to be usable with the instructions on the myflightsimblog site. The key to making it work, as noted by Jev in post #6, is that you have to have the files in the default FlyTampa scenery folder (there are 71 of them) to move intact over to FSX. You could always try to install it in FSX and see what happens. If it won't go, if it were me, and you still had your copy of FS9, it would be worth it to install FS9, install FT KSEA, move things around as described in the detailed (if slightly fuzzy instructions), make sure things work, and then uninstall the FS9 FT KSEA and then FS9.So, is it worth it? For a reasonably priced airport, albeit for FS9, and a little bit of playing around with renaming files, you have a darn good KSEA for your FSX. If it wasn't clear from the earlier discussion and links, the files on the myflightsimblog site are free.
Thanks a lot mate! Very very helpful !

Do you have to have ORBX to use the myflights KSEA?
See post #6. No.I have ORBX and LOVE IT, but as the myflights site notes, the patch was tested without ORBX and it's not a requirement.

Herman Ross

Seattle, USA