Sign in to follow this  
Scope

Smooth gauges

How can i get the displays to look more smooth, even if running 30 fps the gauges are not as smooth as other add-ons running the same frame rate?

How can i get the displays to look more smooth, even if running 30 fps the gauges are not as smooth as other add-ons running the same frame rate?
You mean the FPS of the displays are low? That can be tuned via the CDU under the Menu>Setup> Performance Tuning section. Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

They're never going to be 100% ultra smooth - it's just the nature of GDI+ (the API used to draw the gauges). Limitation of the sim and the drawing API.The other thing to realize here too is that the real thing isn't ultra smooth either - I've seen it motion and the framerate's a lot lower than you'd expect - you can see visible flicker/chop in it. Remember, these planes are running on what amount to really old CPUs by today's standards. The newer planes are probably better, but the NG was designed in the early to mid 90s - we didn't have crazy fast CPUs and GPUs then.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The other thing to realize here too is that the real thing isn't ultra smooth either
Any rough estimate of the refresh on the real NG?

They're never going to be 100% ultra smooth - it's just the nature of GDI+ (the API used to draw the gauges). Limitation of the sim and the drawing API.The other thing to realize here too is that the real thing isn't ultra smooth either - I've seen it motion and the framerate's a lot lower than you'd expect - you can see visible flicker/chop in it. Remember, these planes are running on what amount to really old CPUs by today's standards. The newer planes are probably better, but the NG was designed in the early to mid 90s - we didn't have crazy fast CPUs and GPUs then.
i see with the real limitations. but actual WILCO airbus managed to make 100% smooth displays - they run at 60 fps if the rest of FSX does - even in FS9 it's silk smooth - don't know how they did it - but it's actually possible to do.

i see with the real limitations. but actual WILCO airbus managed to make 100% smooth displays - they run at 60 fps if the rest of FSX does - even in FS9 it's silk smooth - don't know how they did it - but it's actually possible to do.
I'm not seeing any jerkiness. Upload a video. I'd be interested in seeing how "un-smooth" your displays are.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I see no jerkness at all, ever. I can fly to such an accurate degree with this plane...like no other!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom