Sign in to follow this  
shamrockflyer

Aircraft Abuse

This may have been asked before, But Im going to ask again! So I have the NGX wear and tear tool turned on from with in the CDU, Does the wear and tear only happen if you save that aircraft you have it assigned to and load it up again another day?

This may have been asked before, But Im going to ask again! So I have the NGX wear and tear tool turned on from with in the CDU, Does the wear and tear only happen if you save that aircraft you have it assigned to and load it up again another day?
I expected something completely different when I read the topic description.Anyway, I don't believe you have to save in order to benefit from wear and tear and service based failures. Edited by Lawyer+Pilot

i was expecting maybe a video of the NGX doing back flips or something Just%20Kidding.gif
Somebody already did it, don't worry..

Actually the title "abuse" brings me to a question... does actual abuse make the issues come sooner?For example, if I change my airplanes around (even 737 variants from 200 through 800) , I tend to mess up my landings a bit... so it is rather not unfrequent that I come in with a rather hard, bounced landing, and then having to break rather hard... so the gear, brakes and structure take quite a bit of abuse, instead of one "Boeing" landing that would put me at a VS in fpm of a bit more than IAS in kts, the aircraft experiences one touchdown about three, four times harder, another one about twice as hard, and then some strong braking, should I expect problems?