Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

"Computer Speech Settings Win XP 64bit?

Is anyone operating VoxATC on the Windows XP Pro 64 bit operating system?If so, have you been able to implement the "computer speech settings" as instructed in the VoxATC "Getting Started" instructions of the "voxATCXHelp[1].pdf" provisions on page 6, and "Setting up Speech Recognition" on page 30? If you have been successful, your method would be appreciated.In this operating system, when I go to "Control Panel >Speech" the only tab I have is the "Text to Speech" tab. I have found no way to get the "Speech Recognition Tab" which is required.I do have "Microsoft Speech SDK 5.1" installed, but if I understand correctly, this is not supported in a 64 bit system but is the only SDK 5 available for XP.Respectfully:RTH

Well, good news and bad news.The good news is that I have completed several flights successfully now with VoxATC. However, these were limited to the use ONLY with the first officer option doing ALL of the comm. and freq. settings. Limited to this option VoxATC seems to work well with my XP 64 bit operating system..The bad news. Tegwyn West was kind enough to reply to a contact email I sent requesting devfeloper answers to my questions. Unfortunately the reply was as follows:"Hello. I'm afraid VoxATC does not work with XP 64. However it does work with Vista and Win 7 64."Looks like this is true, and not true depending upon what one is doing. The setup is not available, but voice communication does work after a fashion. It just is not too reliable and stable without the training provisions. Limited to first officer communication with what little voice requrements are needed to the Co-Pilot VoxATC seems to work with no problems..Thanks Tegwyn for the prompt and honest information.RTH

Thanks for the Update.BTW - I am running on Win7 x64 and it does run flawlessly for me.voice recognition and the VoxATC with me handling the radio.however you do need to run the MSI setup file to install Vox and not the EXE file that was intended for WinXP.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Yeah, VoxATC doesn't work with XP. I had the same question and it had to do with certain API's. Hoewever: I likes VoxATC so much I decided to switch over to WIN7, create a dedicated OS for it (dual boot), stripped all the unneeded software from WIN7 so it became a lean OS. With it, I ony use FSX, nothing else. It works flawlessly with FSX, PMDG, FSBuild, VoxATC etc...Personally I like to do the comms too :)