Sign in to follow this  
voodoo101

First new topic... Question about cabin crew announcments

Hi Bryan,I have the J41 edition of FS2Crew and as such do not have much use for cabin crews, however now that PMDG have finally released the SDK for the NGX which I can now buy, and with the impending release of the NGX version I thought I would ask this question. A friend of mine has the MD11 and the iFly 737 editions and we was looking to make airline specific cabin crew announcements up. Now with the MD11 the files are simple WAV files and could be edited if your EULA allowed (after reading all the messages about PMDG EULA, though I would mention it), but the iFly has a different format that I have never heard of. Is there such a way that say, an airline cabin safety announcement taken from a WAVE file and add it into the mix or will we be stick with a general safety announcment??Thanks in advance.

Hi Craig,Cabin announcements are not in wav format and are not accessible. They are built into the gauge.If you want to me add some custom airline announcements for you, send them to me asap, and I can code them in.Cheers,

Hi Craig,Cabin announcements are not in wav format and are not accessible. They are built into the gauge.If you want to me add some custom airline announcements for you, send them to me asap, and I can code them in.Cheers,
Bryan, that reply is so typical of your unbelievable bend-over-backward attitude. This will be my fourth (fifth?) FS2CREW product and I want to say thanks. That attitude has resulted in products so well created that I have come to take their excellence for granted. I can't wait for this one and will continue to buy them as they come out. If there's any way I can help please contact me.Steve Zachar

I totally agree. It is so nice to have a developer appreciate the customer and one that will follow up the reqyest instead of just saying yes for the sake of it. There are a few developers out there that feel that they are doing the customers a favour.Bryan you are a star. Now get back to work and get the NGX version release LOL.

Doubt the developer would want to share those.If anyone wants to have their cabin announcements included, please contact me within the next 24 hours, but note:1. They need to be generic and not mention airline names.2. They need to be specific to a 737.No promises I can include them.We're probably releasing Friday my time, so act very fast.