Sign in to follow this  
Buffaloron

Windows 8 and Fsx

Okay I really don't know if this beOn here but, does anyone have the desire to test Windows 8 and Fsx. I am setting up a PC which I will use to run windows 8 and would be intereted if anyone else is considering the same. So many questions Why do it ??What about FSUIC SIOCI wll attempt to install FSX with Windows 8 and then my addonsHardware ?? mcps, Efis,Throttles, etc......Multiple monitorsOur cockpits !!!!This will take some time due to the many other spring activities but I will pursue it anyone else ???Ron (Aka Granpa)

Ron, I did it with the Windows 7 release candidate back in 2009. I think I'm going to pass this time. I'm happy with the way FSX runs on Windows 7 and if it ain't broke why fix it. Let us know how it works out for you please.

NAX669.png

Okay I really don't know if this beOn here but, does anyone have the desire to test Windows 8 and Fsx. I am setting up a PC which I will use to run windows 8 and would be intereted if anyone else is considering the same.So many questionsWhy do it ??What about FSUIC SIOCI wll attempt to install FSX with Windows 8 and then my addonsHardware ?? mcps, Efis,Throttles, etc......Multiple monitorsOur cockpits !!!!This will take some time due to the many other spring activities but I will pursue it anyone else ???Ron (Aka Granpa)
Having purchased the MacBook Pro I'm using to type this response, quite frankly 'upgrading' to an OS from MS doesn't do anything for me anymore! I love the 21 sec boot up, the 3 sec close down, and everything indeed works! I have Vista 64 on my gaming machine that is used now only for gaming, so moving to Win 8 will be unnecessary for me, thank goodness! It was Office 2007 and 2010 which finally killed all interest in MS for me, though they did help declutter the software and its heinous Ribbon of Hell when they put out Office 2011 for Mac ;o)Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X