Sign in to follow this  
Mapper

Aerocache Maps

If you get the aerocache, your screen turns a gold hue for a moment. If you didn't get it, you don't turn gold.Somtimes I'd get the aerocache notification on the screen, sometimes not, dunno if this was fixed from beta. I quit looking for it, actually, but I'd prefer it be there.Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

In beta I was able to acquire Lava Foundation many times. This is the one on Kona between some hangers near the tower. I had to be careful not to park too close or I'd get the aerocache immediately upon entering the program. I generally just flew over the hangers and avoided running into the tower to get it, and that's how I got it in the release version.Where It All Began (whatever it's called ) is near the end of a row of buildings at Hilo. There is just no way to get this thing from an airplane, far as I know. I remember a few others where you had to be close but I don't think any others were that bad. It's like this thing has a radius of maybe 2 or 3 meters.Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I've submitted these to your website. Great idea BTW. I'm surprised MS didn't reserve that domain name, after inventing the word 'Aerocache'.
Yeah, I was surprised the domain was available as well. I had quite a few hits on the site from Microsoft on Friday. I like flight sims and love mapping so its a great fit. Thank you for the submissions.

Is the person at MS that makes Aerocaches Of The Day drinking on the job?03/11's Aerocache of the day is labeled a difficultly of four stars.. I literally flew for 30 seconds and I got the indicator of where it was and got it 10 seconds later. They almost literally drop you right on it.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

A few Hawaiian Adventure AeroCaches are now available on AeroCache.comI will be adding more daily.All of the Free-Trial AeroCaches are now listed on the website as well.

AeroCache.com is a great site. Thanks for the good information, it really makes it fun and easy to find Aerocaches!

AeroCache.com is a great site. Thanks for the good information, it really makes it fun and easy to find Aerocaches!
Glad it is helpful for you!

I'm having a hard time with one aerocache= Water water everywhere.When I take off it says I'm out of range?I've gotten 46 caches but I don't get this one, I must be doing something wrong.Thanks, Harold

I'm having a hard time with one aerocache= Water water everywhere.When I take off it says I'm out of range?I've gotten 46 caches but I don't get this one, I must be doing something wrong.Thanks, Harold
I got that one (I have to admit) by clicking on the map a few times. You click, you check the aerocache indicator, and after a few times you know in which direction you should search. Do some more clicks to make the area you have to search smaller and smaller. I ended up clicking just some 25 meter from the aerocache.I normally don't do this with other aerocaches because above land it is easy to know where you should go if you suddenly 'lose' a ring: above the water everything looks the same and it's quit hard to know where you've already been.

I got that one (I have to admit) by clicking on the map a few times. You click, you check the aerocache indicator, and after a few times you know in which direction you should search. Do some more clicks to make the area you have to search smaller and smaller. I ended up clicking just some 25 meter from the aerocache.I normally don't do this with other aerocaches because above land it is easy to know where you should go if you suddenly 'lose' a ring: above the water everything looks the same and it's quit hard to know where you've already been.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! lolI spent an hour or more doing a search grid over the water to find this one...

I spent an hour or more doing a search grid over the water to find this one...
Sounds like er... fun... :wink: It took me a few minutes, haha!

Sounds like er... fun... :wink: It took me a few minutes, haha!
Had a lot more of the same "fun" looking for the cabin on the side of the mountain...

I got really lucky on Water Water Everywhere, the first spot I put my plane I had the indicator. I did fly back, so it was only half cheating =DThe Red Cabin took me forever for some reason. Enough to where I landed on the lava field and took a break in the cabin.

Well I just got the Water Water cache.I spent quite awhile over the water in the grid before and after posting here before finally getting it.Can someone check the Aerocache map http://aerocache.com/?p=295 That threw me for a loop as I don't think the map there is of the same cache.I'm a newb, correct me if I'm wrong,thanks for your help, Harold

I got really lucky on Water Water Everywhere, the first spot I put my plane I had the indicator. I did fly back, so it was only half cheating =DThe Red Cabin took me forever for some reason. Enough to where I landed on the lava field and took a break in the cabin.
For Water Water Everywhere, I just went to South Point and flew due south until I reached it.Red Cabin was easy for me because it's marked on one of my hiking trail maps of the Big Island. :Idea:I was happy to see they included the outhouse.