Sign in to follow this  
Gami0522

Microsoft Flight- A Letter to the Big Dogs

Regards,Microsoft Financial department.----------------------------------------------------------Big%20Grin.gifBig%20Grin.gifBig%20Grin.gifBig%20Grin.gif

Dear customer,Thank you for your suggestions but due to budget constraints out team has abandoned work on Flight. You may be happy to hear that after a loan guarantee from the DOE, we have dusted off a favorite, albeit older MS title, and started a complete re-work.MS "Train" will soon be released with an all new track from Petersburg to Richmond VA. This stretch of track is very exciting to us here at MS. We believe that "Train" will provide the following:

• The development of this sim would employ approximately 11000 people.
  • The sale of the software would create over 349,789 jobs in the United States
  • The installation of this software would take up 500gb of hard drive space on your computer thus creating the need for more imports from Taiwan
  • The commercialization of this simulated section of track is expected to then be unlike any other product ever tried in the industry

Reports of the death of MS Flight have been greatly exaggerated. We continue to employ a few of our best engineers in that adventure.Thank you,Brian Harison

Well just finished writing this letter that took about three to four hours to Microsoft Flight on my opinion on the hopes of Flight and what can be added to expand this game to both veterans and newcommers alike
allow me to echo Barbarian - well done! This (to me) is a very well thought out, constructive letter with some good ideas in it. Definitely - send it to Microsoft. And welcome to the forums!

Mhmm... if I look on the first post, very good work on proposed improvements but it seems that you want MS-Flight look like a FS-11 which MS don't want it to be. It was clear on multiples press releases they issue back in 2009-2010.

I apologize to those about the Track IR stuff and must admit I completely forgot about how important it is! Truth be told I have not been able to purchase a TrackIR due to financial issues at the moment :sad: nor have not used one in the past but it is something that I would really like to get into and see implemented in Flight. As for sending the letter I sent it to the feed back address on Flight website before I posted it here and just thought I would share some of my ideas with the community.I kind of agree it may be asking for a bit too much, but I wrote the letter more with the intention of offering ideas on a full platter to the development team that they could use or just scarp those that they would not be interested in or limited to by todays current hardware.I greatly appreciate any extra ideas I may have accidently left out (I was almost falling asleep writing this letter) such as the Track IR stuff and would check back in a couple of days to see if you all thought of anything I left out then revise the letter and send it to the other adress mentioned by ViperPilot

Guest mna27

I don't think they need to be told about TrackIR I'm sure it will be implemented sooner or later.Anyways its prob not a good idea having radiation beamed at your head for hours during a flight! :LMAO:

I don't think they need to be told about TrackIR I'm sure it will be implemented sooner or later.Anyways its prob not a good idea having radiation beamed at your head for hours during a flight! :LMAO:
While I hope you are right, and certainly hope it is sooner rather than later, I still encourage any and all users that want to see native Track IR implemented into Flight, send them an email and make your voices heard - I always believe there is strength in numbers, and the squeakiest wheel gets the grease so to speak. I really would like to see it pushed out soon!

I am almost certain the “Flight” team modular design docs are synonymous with everything you listed and plenty more. A letter like this although good, does little to infiltrate simply because it is an “I want this” letter, in which they receive hundreds. What is most conducive are the favorable polls that Avsim conducts… this helps to generate the commonalities of all supporters, Avsim being one source (The big picture) which ultimately regulates the modules that will be layered on the “Flight” platform.rjetster