Sign in to follow this  
jackcnd

Is progress saved in the cloud?

Read its possible to install Flight on other PC's we own,when you sign in to different PC does your progress follow ?If not wouild be a great feature of windows live games, so you could achieve on the laptop and desktop...

Actually progress information is saved on both, some on your PC and some on the web, in the LIVE and Flight servers.I have the game installed in 2 PC's and my Laptop. Aerocaches and most Pilot Profile stats are synchronized, but missions, challenges and such are not. :(I haven’t tried to copy the XLive folders, but it seems to me that since there are some hash files some info is tied to a particular pc.

According to the manual, it refers to playing offline - while your progress is being saved offline, the next time you sign into Games for Windows Live with your profile and password, it will synchronize your progess. By that statement I would take that to be a yes...

Don: Not in my case. I have had to do all the same missions on the 3 PC's, and I am always online.If on PC1, I do missions and unlock awards, achievements, paint schemes, etc. they are unlocked on the other 2 PC’s when I sign in, but the missions are still marked as not done on the other 2 PC's

Don: Not in my case. I have had to do all the same missions on the 3 PC's, and I am always online.If on PC1, I do missions and unlock awards, achievements, paint schemes, etc. they are unlocked on the other 2 PC’s when I sign in, but the missions are still marked as not done on the other 2 PC's
Hmm, sounds like perhaps a bug in the way it works?

It was great to see my progress show up on the laptop once I signed in.Too bad about the missions but hopefully that will be corrected.Redownloading the islands for free to other pc's, sure beats the old FSX activation model.Really amazing to see how computing is changing of late.