Sign in to follow this  
Brett Nicholls

Hug Bug

I have mentioned this before but now there is a picture that shows what I'm talking about.I thought that it may have got picked up and fixed in SP1c.On page 86 of the PMDG Tutorial 2 you can see the Heading Director cut off by the MCP near the bottom of the HGS. This is beacause the landing lights are on. As soon as you turn the lights off therest of the circle returns. Although this is a very cleaver piece of apperatus that PMDG have done for the NGX it lets it down a bit. Maybe I'm being picky but knowing how much effort PMDG have put intothis aircraft I'm sure they would want to get it right.

Brett,If you take a look at how FS addons have come along in the past few years, given the inherent constraints of FSX as a development environment, the fact that we have a fully collimated HGS at all is a pretty amazing feat.If the application of the realistic landing light effect unavoidably causes a minor transparency issue with the HGS display, then I'll accept that, because having either of them is pretty good in the first place.I'm not trying to be defensive of PMDG here, I just think we need to keep a sense of perspective about what does and doesn't matter.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Brett,Had you read the paragraph about this that's in the Intro manual you'd know that it's not solvable and not a "bug". We tried for several months during the development. The fact that the HGS and 3D lights work together at all is something of a miracle given the crazy hackery that went into it. (Vin has told me that even if someone had the actual 3ds Max model they'd still have a very hard time figuring out exactly how it all works)We can't work magic here - this is a 6 year old graphics engine that was never designed to do even half the things the NGX does.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks for the reply Ryan. I shall not bring it up again now I know it cant be fixed. Have you Guys thought about producing your own flight sim? Cheers Brett

The PMDG 'Flight-Sim' has been discussed before somewhere.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020