Sign in to follow this  
Robdotcom71

Bit of rock not on the map...

While flying around Niihau I spotted another small island in the distance to the south west. Has anyone else spotted it? It does not appear on the map either...Took some screenshots of this bit of rock.... Has anyone else spotted any others?http://imgur.com/a/UkAKt

That is Ka'ula. I discovered it during the beta testing. :)That is the only one that I have found.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

No airport or runway, just flattish rock.. You can also take off from there as well as land. I was hoping to find a small tea-shop there but no luck.

Has anyone found the island of Nihoa yet?It is the next island to the west, in the Hawaiian Island chain.I haven't tried this yet, but according to my Google Earth measurements:If you take off from Barking Sands Airport (on Kauai) and fly a heading of 298 degrees for 153 miles, you should be able to see it (assuming that it is in Flight).Spotting it in all that ocean is going to be very challenging, since Nihoa is only one mile long and half a mile wide, with a maximum elevation of about 500 feet.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Has anyone found the island of Nihoa yet?It is the next island to the west, in the Hawaiian Island chain.I haven't tried this yet, but according to my Google Earth measurements:If you take off from Barking Sands Airport (on Kauai) and fly a heading of 298 degrees for 153 miles, you should be able to see it (assuming that it is in Flight).Spotting it in all that ocean is going to be very challenging, since Nihoa is only one mile long and half a mile wide, with a maximum elevation of about 500 feet.
There are screenshots of Nihoa and French Frigate Shoals at http://forum.avsim.n...ost__p__2288386I'm still thinking about taking the Maule down to look for Johnston Atoll, but that's a long way to go. Maybe when the autopilot comes back from the shop... :Waiting: