Sign in to follow this  
Andydigital

Stop FSX muting when not in foreground (focus)

Hi I hope this hasn't been posted anywhere else on the forum, I couldn't find it, anyway Flight1 has released a new program called Sound Stream, its one of those features/programs that nearly all FSX users have been begging for for nearly 6 years. It provides the ability to hear FSX sounds even when FSX no longer has focus. This brand new module released today allows FSX sounds to continue playing and be heard even when FSX is minimised or if you are using another program in the foreground like EFB or a web browser for example.I have found one limitation with it already, the PMDG NGX has some custom sounds that are run outside of the FSX environment, some cockpit background sounds like avionics cooling fans for example are run outside of the sim, Sound Stream cannot handle these sounds so they are muted just like before when FS looses focus, all the rest of the internal FSX generated sounds continue to be heard though.For more details on this program see the Flight1 website, the App is called "Sound Stream". I am not affiliated in any way with this product or its developer, I just read about it on the AVSIM home page and then immediately downloaded it and felt the need to tell everyone about how cool it is, lol. This is definitely another add-on for FSX that goes in the same pigeon hole as Aivlasofts EFB e.g. A MUST HAVE PRODUCT.

Cheers, Andy.

Before I buy that now I am wondering if it will do the same with ACCu-Feel.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Before I buy that now I am wondering if it will do the same with ACCu-Feel.
Does Accu-Feel mute when switching tasks? I know my 377 with Captain of the Ship does not mute wind, rattles, and brakes when FSX isn't the focus window.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Yes it does mute sounds for ACCu-Feel, someone on another forum said so anyway. Flight1 do a 30 day no quibble refund so you could confirm it for yourself if you want. Any sound that is not made within FSX itself is going to be muted like normal.

Cheers, Andy.

Maybe they will make a patch so It doesn't bump heads with Accu-Feel or the NGX even. I think Accu-Feel would be a better seller if people had to choose between the two.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Dunno about that, I have this and have no intention of getting Accu-Feel, most of the aircraft I fly have those types of sound included anyway, I wont be opening the doors or windows at 30,000+ feet to throw a cig out either :)

Cheers, Andy.

No that would be dangerous at 30000. . Just snuff it out in your beer can.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png