Sign in to follow this  
dburne

Scenery/Graphics Detail - Congrats Flight Team

Ok so now after logging several hours in this new sim, I have to say how very impressed I am by the quality, detail, and smoothness that goes along with it, in Flight.I have been flying FSX since it's release, and still do and plan to continue to do so.The more I see in Flight, the more I really like it. The land detail is just absolutely stunning. And the perfomance with it, is amazing. I have seen some folks mention here and there they have seen a little stuttering, I have yet to see any stuttering. And those trees, beautiful, actually look like trees - even blow gently in the wind. The water too, whilst I think could be better, is pretty darn good, especially when seeing the animations from low level flight. Very nicely done.And the autogen - wow, what a tremendous improvement Flight has and how it handles autogen, over FSX. They have come a long way with how the sim handles autogen. I know in another thread, scenery " popping" was discussed, and I commented that if it is there I do not notice it. I tried looking harder today, and finally sure enough I could see an individual item here and there gently pop in, I would say more like blend in - no wonder I never really noticed it.I pretty much run with all graphics as high as they will go, with the exception of shadow quality and scenery density, these two I have on High, rather than Maximum.So anyway, just wanted to post a quick note for the Flight Team - great job in this department! I am very pleasantly suprised by how good Flight looks, while performing so smooth at such high detail.

I agree with you. They did a very nice job. Good balance of scenery detail and performance

And the autogen - wow, what a tremendous improvement Flight has and how it handles autogen, over FSX. They have come a long way with how the sim handles autogen. I know in another thread, scenery " popping" was discussed, and I commented that if it is there I do not notice it. I tried looking harder today, and finally sure enough I could see an individual item here and there gently pop in, I would say more like blend in - no wonder I never really noticed it.
Flight autogen is setup to render when an object gets to be (x) pixels in size, whereas FSX autogen just renders unless a tweak was made in the FSX.Cfg file. So expect to see large trees in the distance first, followed later by smaller trees and bushes as you get closer to them.

To the OP, +1The lack of popping and the less occurrence of blurries is just great. A huge improvement.

Sometimes the textures take a sec to load when getting close to the ground but not all the time. Ive got a decent PC with all settings in game on high.I get slight lags at times but I think it has to do with multiplayer and the server disconnecting or something. Could be wrong.

I don't care for the water from altitude, but it is very impressive at eye level. I docked the Icon on the beach and jumped out to have a look around, nice water. I also like how the trees display actual branch outline shadows and not the block shadows we are used to.

Best, Michael

KDFW

+1 - It can only get better over time IMO.Cheersjja
Well... MS Flight runs very smooth on my PC, it's awesome, but already with the RV6 I sometimes get blurries. And I am one of those guys who DO notice autogen popping up. :wink: So I wonder what will happen when more stuff is added to Flight... You say it will only get better, I fear it will only get heavier on the system... If they actually throw in ATC, AI, real weather etc. I see performance dropping to well known lows...But that's just guessing. :wink: As it is now it performs wonderul. considering I have waterreflections of everything, shadows all over, etc.

Well... MS Flight runs very smooth on my PC, it's awesome, but already with the RV6 I sometimes get blurries. And I am one of those guys who DO notice autogen popping up. :wink: So I wonder what will happen when more stuff is added to Flight... You say it will only get better, I fear it will only get heavier on the system... If they actually throw in ATC, AI, real weather etc. I see performance dropping to well known lows...But that's just guessing. :wink: As it is now it performs wonderul. considering I have waterreflections of everything, shadows all over, etc.
That is something that actually I kind of like about Flight - with the current ecosystem, they can add little things any time they want, rather than getting the whole bag of tricks in one fell swoop, and struggling to get it to run on one's current system.With it this way, they can add more as time and technology progresses forward.Right now I can run at pretty much full detail on my system, with relative ease. As more content is delivered, I am sure there will become a point where my system starts to struggle with graphics set to run so high. But then, I am planning to upgrade to the Ivy Bridge after it is out, maybe around the end of this year.