Sign in to follow this  
TexasGary

Engine Start Levers

First off I want to say that I own almost all of your products, and this one is by far the best. You really "hit it out of the park" with this version Bryan.I have made a few flights, and I noticed an issue with the engine start levers. Even though the levers are in the correct position (cutoff), when I run the preflight checklist and respond that the levers are in cutoff the FO always says "Are you sure?" I always start with the NGX Short Panel State and the engine start levers are always in cutoff for that panel state.That's the only thing I have seen so far. Thanks for an excellent addition to the PMDG 737 NGX!!

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

First off I want to say that I own almost all of your products, and this one is by far the best. You really "hit it out of the park" with this version Bryan.I have made a few flights, and I noticed an issue with the engine start levers. Even though the levers are in the correct position (cutoff), when I run the preflight checklist and respond that the levers are in cutoff the FO always says "Are you sure?" I always start with the NGX Short Panel State and the engine start levers are always in cutoff for that panel state.That's the only thing I have seen so far. Thanks for an excellent addition to the PMDG 737 NGX!!
Hi Gary,are you using any hardware to control those switches ?

Thanks Damien. No, I dont have anything assigned to these. I will try a cold & dark panel state on my next flight and see if I can reproduce it.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

If I cycle the start levers prior to running the checklist that solves it.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

Hi,Love this product. Its my third fs2crew.I also had this come up. Also my co pilot does not want to start the engines. For some reason he keeps saying not correct config so I manually start. I don't understand. I will keep trying and see what happens!Regards

Brent,Are you using a saved situation files?When you load FSX, is the NGX the default aircraft or is it the trike?FO should start the engines if the conditions are met.He'll say "not configured for engine start" if there is insufficient air pressure to start the engines.So check that you have enough air pressure.Cheers,

OMG Brian 3 minute response!I load the NGX SHORT in the FMX so everything is ready to go.Yeah, I just load the 737 first in fsx. I will try loading the trike then change. Will update a little later.

OMG Brian 3 minute response!I load the NGX SHORT in the FMX so everything is ready to go.Yeah, I just load the 737 first in fsx. I will try loading the trike then change. Will update a little later.
Okay, let me know.My current theory is that if the NGX is the 'default' aircraft, it's not initializing properly when you load it, causing weirdness down the line.I'm pretty sure PMDG actually recommends against making the NGX the default aircraft.Use the trike as the default aircraft.Let me know.

I have the same problem. It is present when starting with Cessna 172 and switching over to NGX. I'm using panel state cold and dark. Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

Are you guys using external hardware?One beta tester with external hardware had the same issue... he said this:"Sorry, forgot to mention the calls are correct and as long as I check the start levers on my throttle in the preflight, i.e., cycle them thru Idle and cutoff at least once, no further problems."