Sign in to follow this  
airwolfe

EZDOK hanging up after SP1c and FS2Crew

Just this weekend I installed the SP1c for NGX as well as the new FS2Crew for NGX. Roughly 1/2 of my flights end up with EZDOK 'hanging' to the point where I have to kill it in Task Manager so I can finish my flight. I am posting this in here as well as EZCA and FS2Crew forums. Just curious if anyone else has had a similar experience.

No issues here Morgan.Installed Sp1c and ran the EZCA Config tool (frequently forgotten).Installed FS2Crew.

No issues here Morgan.Installed Sp1c and ran the EZCA Config tool (frequently forgotten).Installed FS2Crew.
Ah, I did not re-run the config. Do you think I need to uninstall/re-install anything ? or should I just re-run the EZCA config ? Thanks !

I would opt for just running the tool, re-install always last resort :)The FS2Crew installation shouldn't make any difference.

Morgan,try running EZDOK at a lower CPU priority in its general setup. It opens a whole heap of handles into the system (way more than FSX) and it can be a CPU hog if you let it..bestjake

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

I have EZDOK with TrakIR5 and I have not had a lock up thruout my use in FS2 Beta and now. I have flow 2 to 3 flights daily. The NGX has perfomred flawlessly with SP1c for me.Joe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

Morgan,try running EZDOK at a lower CPU priority in its general setup. It opens a whole heap of handles into the system (way more than FSX) and it can be a CPU hog if you let it..bestjake
I wasn't even aware that option existed. I will give it a go, thanks Jake.
I have EZDOK with TrakIR5 and I have not had a lock up thruout my use in FS2 Beta and now. I have flow 2 to 3 flights daily. The NGX has perfomred flawlessly with SP1c for me.Joe
I re-ran the configuration on EZDOK, and flew a couple more flights. It only hung up once, I was able to shut it down and restart it during the flight. I had no problems with EZDOK before these upgrades. I am sure it is something minor that I will figure out. I upgraded to 1.17 to see if that might help out as well.

How low in priority can you go without losing stability?Ta!

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

How low in priority can you go without losing stability?Ta!
I have no idea, I have never messed with the CPU priority settings in EZDOK.