Sign in to follow this  
airwolfe

EZDOK hanging up after SP1c and FS2Crew

Just this weekend I installed the SP1c for NGX as well as the new FS2Crew for NGX. Roughly 1/2 of my flights end up with EZDOK 'hanging' to the point where I have to kill it in Task Manager so I can finish my flight. I am posting this in here as well as EZCA and NGX forums. Just curious if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Just this weekend I installed the SP1c for NGX as well as the new FS2Crew for NGX. Roughly 1/2 of my flights end up with EZDOK 'hanging' to the point where I have to kill it in Task Manager so I can finish my flight. I am posting this in here as well as EZCA and NGX forums. Just curious if anyone else has had a similar experience.
I use EZDOK and have no issues, try reinstalling EZDOK. Also make sure ezdok and the ngx or fs2crew are not sharing any keyboard buttons.

I use EZDOK and have no issues, try reinstalling EZDOK. Also make sure ezdok and the ngx or fs2crew are not sharing any keyboard buttons.
Someone else mentioned that after the NGX SP1c is installed I need to re-run the EZCA configuration. I will try that first before I re-install.

Someone else mentioned that after the NGX SP1c is installed I need to re-run the EZCA configuration. I will try that first before I re-install.
Let us know how it goes.

Let us know how it goes.
Re-ran configuration on EZDOK v1.17. Flew from PAJN to PAKT with no problems. Later in day, after computer had been shut down and restarted, I flew PAKT to KPDX. This flight went well until about 100nm out of KPDX, then I got the EZDOK 'hang' - the 'hang' I refer to is not an all out freeze or dreaded CTD. I am able to get to my task manager and shut down EZDOK... in this case I restarted EZDOK and continued my flight on into KPDX. I did notice that after I restarted EZDOK I got only 15-20fps instead of my normal 35-40fps. This isn't the end of the world, I just need to keep tweaking. One user suggested that I lower the CPU priority in EZDOK, I will have to look into that. I also need to upgrade to the latest FSUIPC.